Pansat 3500SD says no signal with in a minute..

Bronze Member
Username: Aksma

Post Number: 14
Hi,
I bought a new Pansat 3500SD, got the latest bin, and put in the keys. Every thing went well, i see the picture, but after a min it says no signal. But if I switch it off, using back on/off button and then start, it comes for a minute and then says "No Signal". I observed that when I switch it on using the back switch it says "b-70" and then "ON". Any idea?

Please help me, if it does not work then I can return it.

Thank you all!!

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 715
Achsah...did you load the b-80 boot file frist? before upgrading newer Bin File u have to load b-80 boot file first.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 723
Would be helpful to know which bin you are using. Latest bin needs to use null cable to download boot file first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Oh!! what is b-80 boot file, where can I find that... please help me.

I used sd card to upload the latest bin, which released in November..

If I use null cable to load the new bin does it works.

Please let me know..
Thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 720
PLEASE UPGRADE B-80 Boot file before upgrading newer Bin File.
Unfortanatly Boot file can not be done by SD card short cut!
ALL users need to use Loader.
---------------------------------
Needed tools and Software.
1. Loader Version 35.01
2. Null Serial Cable
3. Boot File b-80 (Will be included in a ZIP File)
4. API File
---------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT overwrite latest BIN Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) before upgardin to b-80.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Instuctions
-------------
1. Connect Null modem serial cable PC-REC.
2. Open loader Version 35.01 then Select file type (Boot File only).
3. Open Browser and select b-80 Boot File which will be including in a ZIP.
4. Click Download button shown on loader.
5. Wait till completed, (Will be rebooted it self).
6. Then select file type to (APP File only) then upgrade to Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) APP file download also can be done by SD Memory.
7. Please DO NOT power off or unplug the cable untill its completed.
----------------------
-Clink on this link to get the File,Note u have sign up first to get the file
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-3500-files-font-b/new-for-35 00-a-107893.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thank Sunny!!

I will try that at let you know the result.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 722
np...Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hi Sunny

Nope!! It did not work! it now shows b-80 with latest bin, after loading both with null cable. But no luck. Even now after sometime it behaves the same. No Signal.. :-(.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
Achsah can u tell us lil more info about ur dish.. wut kind of switch are u using and ur switch setting out side????Also tell us ur Aantanna setup setting as well..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Hi Sunny,
Its a super dish 500. I don't know exactly what kind of switches are. When I connect that cable to dish receiver it works fine, and I checked the switch setup, it has i think dp31. I checked the lines in dish receiver which shows 1-119 and 2-110 (DUAL LNB) and 3-121. I changed the DiSEqC in installation of pansat, for appropriate satellites.

Currently my setup is I connected the cable coming from the dish500 directly to pansat and I disconnected dish receiver.

Please let me know if you need anymore information, I would be happy to get that.

Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
Achsash b-80 is boot file not a bin ...So ur saying it showing b-80 now so ur stuck on b-80 ??? it will be on b-80...until you load the new bin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Sunny,
no no! I loaded the new bin. It went fine. But the problem of NO SIGNAL still exists. The only different is earlier it used to show b-70 and then works for a minute later says NO SIGNAL. Now it shows b-80 and behaves the same.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
Achsah tell ur ur Aantenna setup setting make sure they are right ...and u might wanna try a different cable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Sunny, Antenna setup means, dish setup/pointing? If yes, they are perfect because, when I put the same cable in Dishnetwork receiver I get the channels to which I subscribed.

I tried using a different cable too :-(

Anyhelp....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Any body knows where to find b-70 boot file. for pansat3500sd. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 67
Is this signal problem on all channels or just some? If you change channels back and forth do they come in sometimes? If so its just part of the pansat 3500 it seams we all have that on DN.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5855
boot 80 file itself is posted in "Pansat 3500" section at www.dsscommunity.c*om/forums...also its posted with each new b80 bin zip file...300-301-302..

BTW...in original post here, it says U can use SD card in step #6, when uploading the new bin...well DO NOT!...keep using the null modem cable, same as U did when uploading the b80 BOOT file first!...that has fixed many peoples problems when using these new b80 bins...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
LK/Jay, I did all those things, I installed b80 and also the new bin, still it loses the signal. I have dish basic too, which gets the signal and channels its the same dish and same cable, just going directly to dishnetwork receiver. Signal is good, no doubt about it, but when it is connected to the pansat3500sd it works for a minute and then says no signal.. I have no clue why its happening, I doubt even BL does not know :-).

I wanted to return that as I still have time, so I tried to install the original bin from pansatusa, but it fails, it does 99% then says failed. So now I am in a situation where I cannot use that and also cannot return it until i setup the orginal on it.

The reason I need the b-70 bin is, I am hoping the original would work with b-70. Because it not able to load it on b-80. I dont even know whether we can go back to b-70 from b-80.

God! I am in a bad situation now. :-(...

Any help in this really appreciated.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5874
CHILL...did this receiver and wiring and switch ever work with both receivers, DN and FTA?..I don't think so..and when U say DIRECTLY to receiver , do U mean U unconnect any switches?....U should try that!...and explain "loses signal"!!!...be more specific and detailed about hardware etc, present messages and status, ...U sound like a chick who just had her first monthly..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5875
I have made some changes that work to BL instructions...read the NOTES at bottom..and re-read these instructions CAREFULLY...

DO NOT use the SD card when loading the new bin 302..continue to use the null modem cable!...start all over ...upload factory bin...then boot8 b80 file, then 302 bin ...with Null modem all the way...the receiver will reboot itself, don't worry...just wait!

BTW...these bins (initially bin 300 will change and be updated in the files area here, which already has occurred to new bin 302 now)...the attached boot file will NOT change and should always be current..unless a new boot file is ever released..

INSTRUCTION FOR Pansat 3500S/SD BOOT FILE! ...from Blacklist..

PLEASE UPGRADE B-80 Boot file before upgrading newer Bin File.
Unfortanatly Boot file can not be done by SD card short cut!
ALL users need to use Loader.
---------------------------------
Needed tools and Software.
1. Loader Version 35.01
2. Null Serial Cable
3. Boot File b-80 (Will be included in a ZIP File)
4. API File

Please DO NOT Download latest BIN Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) before upgardin to b-80.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Instuctions
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Connect Null modem serial cable PC-REC.
2. Open loader Version 35.01 then Select file type (Boot File only).
3. Open Browser and select b-80 Boot File which will be including in a ZIP.
4. Turn the receiver power on and wait minimum aprox 7-8 secounds then click Download to avoid possible error. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!..READ NOTE BELOW
5. Wait till completed, (Will be rebooted it self).
6. Then select file type to (APP File only) then upgrade to Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) APP file download also can be done by SD Memory. READ NOTE BELOW,,,SD IS NOT RECOMMENDED HERE...
7. Please DO NOT power off or unplug the cable untill its completed.

Please as remind only Pansat 3500S/SD need this following instruction.

NOTE....step 6 states that SD card may be used to upload latest bin, BUT it has created many problems, so its suggested here, NOT TO USE THE SD CARD and continue to use the cable for loading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pansat 3500 boot file b-80.zip
Description:

Download
Filename: Pansat 3500 boot file b-80.zip
Filesize: 7.43 KB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE...To be clear in step #7, you do NOT click download in the loader program as soon as you see the display light up, as you would with a regular 'bin' file?? You wait!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Yes you are right LK, that I am new bee. I did exactly the same way you told but no use. First of all the Factory bin does not write to the end, it goes to 99% then says download failed....

PANSAT 3500 SD is hopeless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 760
How far away is the switch from the receiver? What is the distance from your dish to receiver??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5892
operator error is most common...or wrong cable and comport..especially with "flash failed"!

Username: Deewano713

New jersey

Post Number: 2
hey i had the same problem as you after you install the 300 or 302 bin (new bin) turn off auto roll and then do the factory settings (diff from the factory bin) and then scan your sat and all should be well if not make sure your key is correct....
worked for me
good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
switch hmm, i think its on the top of the roof. I did not use any switch or anything, I just took off the cable from dishnet receiver and put it in pansat 3500. Once I switched on the pansat, the picture comes for couple of minutes and then get the "NO Signal"!! I dont know what's happening! I will try to return this hope they take it.

I tried all looks like the flash gone.. :-(

Thanks for all your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5898
LMAO...plug n play ...I don't think so!

Username: Vangyang11

Post Number: 1
hey,

how do you get b-70 back...I really need it because it still works. The b-80 is not working and my buddies pansat is working fine on the b-70. Please, I need to know how you get the b-70 back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us