Samsung HLN467W screen lines

Username: Dsteele1

Post Number: 4
I have a Samsung HLN467W DLP that has a very strange wavy line issue on the analog inputs only (see the attached jpg's). The lines start out very wavy and wide from a cold start and then get thinner and rotate very slowly from a horizontal position to a vertical position continuing all day long and rotating to different positions. The lines are full screen in length and do not affect the actual source input signal as the signal picture is perfect. Just wavy transparent white lines over a perfect picture. The DVI input works perfectly with no lines from my DVD player. I'm guessing the analog board board is shot... what do you think???

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 959
That's a classic herring bone pattern as a result of an unwanted signal getting in with the desired analog input. Loose connectors and weak analog signal are usually the cause.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info - I'll try unplugging everything on the analog inputs and try a different source on each input to see what happens.

Post Number: 6
Here's another picture of the problem. I tried removing all the inputs from the back and attaching a new composite video cable to an old vcr I had - same problem. Still looks like it has to be the analog board?

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 964
You're making a believer out of me.

Maybe the board isn't grounded well. It's picking up a foreign signal somehow.

I'd like to take a pencil and tap around on that board to see if it tries to clean up. A cold solder joint or a loose harness or something is tuning an unwanted frequency either in the power or off-air.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us