Hitachi 43UWX10B-Ghost in the machine

Username: Lost_sailor

Post Number: 1
Hi all-
I just had Dish Network installed (not sure that has anything to do with anything, but it wasn't doing this before) and suddenly my TV has decided to cut itself on everytime, about 15 minutes after I power it off. It also will sometimes cut itself off for no reason after cutting it on. What!?

Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be how the HD satellite receiver's hooked up? Is the unit just starting to have age-related problems? It's about 5 years old, if I remember.
Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 67
The front TAC power switch on the set is probably going bad. Pull the front panel off and disconnect the plug-in connector after you turn the set off. If it doesn't come on by itself, plug the connector back in and turn the set on. Once the set is on and where you want to watch, un-plug the connector to see if the set is going to shut off by it self. On some sets the remote will work without the front controls being plugged in and some won't. If the remote works without the front controls plugged in, run it that way for a while to confirm the TAC switch is bad.

Username: Lost_sailor

Post Number: 2
I removed the front cover and unplugged the connectors. Sure enough, a few minutes later, it cut on. The remote won't work with the front controls unplugged.
Could it be some sort of issue with the power source? I guess I'll try that next.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us