Help Please! (Akai 5498 HDTV)

Username: Ia_chiefs_fan

Post Number: 1
I've had my Akai for a couple years and it has been great! However, my kids turned it on this morning and the picture is all messed up. It looks like the convergence is completely shot. I can get into the convergence menu with the "Mute 183" and I see the red lines are way out of whack. It has been about a year or better since I last adjusted this. How do you switch between the different colored guns? It pulls up green first; how do I get to red? What would cause my tv to suddenly lose it's convergence settings? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 51
Your red convergence output IC has failed. Trying to adjust it isn't going to help.

Username: Ia_chiefs_fan

Post Number: 2
Well I got into it but, like you indicated, can't really fix the problem. However, I was able to move the green and blue lines so they matched the red. I could move the red up or down but not left to right. I have made the tv to where it is at least viewable. Will the problem get progressively worse or will it likely just stay like this?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 60
Could stay like that for quite some time, until the blue goes out. So if you have it fixed, make sure the blue and green get replaced at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us