Samsung HL-S6187W

Username: Bpx

Post Number: 2
I bought this TV back in the beginning of November and noticed right away that there was a 2 inch long dark area at the top center of the TV. Apparantly I was the only one to notice this, I had to show everyone else. I also noticed that the glossy frame around the front of the TV was kind of bowed a little bit, but I didnt think they were related, and I was more interested in picture quality. Anyways, I got the tech to come out and he immediately thought it was the engine, so he replaced the whole engine. Well the dark area was still there when we powered it on. Anyways, to make a long story short, the problem was the actual screen of the TV and not any of the components. He showed this to me through a hole on the side, and the screen was pinched at the top. He put on gloves, opened up the front of the TV and was able to pop out the pinched area. Perfect, I had a full screen now. Looks like when it was being assembled, that they just put the glossy frame on too fast and didnt pay attention. The only problem now was that the "new" engine that he installed was not as good as the original, so I had to call him to get my old engine back. All of this is just FYI for RP owners that might have a similiar problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us