Toshiba 44HM85 screen problem

Username: Chardy

Post Number: 1
New here so go easy, about 8 months ago I purchased a 44" DLP Toshiba. I love it and the picture has been great until about 3 weeks ago. Now when I watch satelite tv all is well. When I watch dvd i noticed that during the dark scenes, it will be nice and black on the right side but kind of a washed out or lighter (not so dark) on the left side. I started off by checking all the cables and such but found no problems. Then I noticed that when shuttng down the system, first off with the satelite, screen when dark as it should with no feed. Then I shut off the tv, and thats when i noticed that you could see that during the cool down time( about 4 or 5 seconds)the screen is again darker on the right side than the left. I took out the bulb but didnt notice any problems. Does anyone have any idea what I could do or what is happening? I would appreciate any and all suggestions or directions. Thanks Clay

Username: Satkrm2

Post Number: 2
there are a bunch of people with the same problem. I'm getting my TV looked at right now.

Check out:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30828&page=9

Username: Chardy

Post Number: 2
Thanks Sam, I also have had a tech come out to my place to look at the tv. He said he had never seen a wash out that large, usually it just a little section here or there. Then called Toshiba that day. He said that they are sending out a few things to change that it could be. Most likely the Lamp Engine thank God for warranty. I had called Toshiba Canada and found them very nice to deal with as well. Not like Panasonic!

Username: Awes130

Post Number: 1
Hi Glay, did you get your Toshiba 44" DLP TV fixed? I got the same problem with my 44HM85 and the the warranty will expire in March 2007. Please post the details for how you got it fix. Thanks a lot. Alex
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us