HD noob here, please help

Username: Bigredrage

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, i was not able find the answer to my question really (mostly due to not understanding what the hell people are talking about!) I have HDTV 1080i working on my xbox 360 and would like to also try to get HD channels. I do not want to give COX any more of my money for digital cable and the extra it costs for the HD channels also, i only watch sports and comedy central and see no reason to dump another 50 a month into a bunch of crap i wont use. Anyway, my question is with basic cable (1-100) is it possible for me to pick up HDTV signals? I would like to watch the football games on nbc, fox, cbs and ESPN that are supposivly broadcast in HD. How can i watch these channels in HD without buying digital cable?

Bronze Member
Username: Cobra11

Post Number: 43
If your HDTV has a receiver and you hook it up to an ANTENNA you may be able to get HD over the air broadcasts but NOT cable only broadcasts. Thus ESPN would be out of the question as they are cable/SAT only. SInce HDTV reception is digital... it is either Great or Horrible. There is no analog "snow" etc. however there can be some pixcelation (large pixel blocks) or drop out). That is the way that digital broadcasts work.

Username: Bigredrage

Post Number: 2
So just grab an antenna and change my tv to channel 12 and it might be in HD? i dont know if it has a receiver or what kind of receiver we are talking, it has 3 coax thing in the back, ant A, ant B and loop out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us