Samsung HLP6163W comes on with strong red tint

Username: Kampkounslr

Post Number: 1
It will also stay that way until I power it off and back on, or change input source.

A secondary issue that's possibly related is that the set powers itself off after being on. From doing some research, it probably just needs to be cleaned as I have 4 cats and live in the desert (lots of dust). Again, don't know if it's related to the first issue.

Anyone run into this? I really don't want to replace the bulb or have a service tech out, as I need to sell the unit anyway. Help?

Post Number: 2
No ideas? Any simple suggestions on things to try?

Otherwise, I guess I have to call Samsung and try troubleshooting it. I do so hate to have a tech out :-\

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1109
Your suspicion is prob dead on. Take a look for the service manual and see the directions for opening the set. Have the set unplugged and go at her with a can of compressed air.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the confirmation on my suspicion! Now to go get me some compressed air...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 910
The brushy attachment to your vac hose is a much better option.

Post Number: 4
It wont cause static? Last thing I need is static discharge in the thing...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 911
I've been cleaning mine regularly and have recommended this a hundred times. Never heard a complaint!

"Don't forget to take the back off and clean things up in there with a brush attachment to your vac hose. Cleaning the inside every six months can prevent premature failure of several major components. After all, it's a projector that pulls air through it to keep things cool. With the air flow comes dust, lint, hair, bugs, etc. Pay extra attention to the cooling fans. Tape the cover switch shut and power up the set. Check that the fans spin equally and quietly. They are easy to replace if needed."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us