Mitsubishi VS-55705

Username: Johnnymac

Cypress, Calif USA

Post Number: 1
I recently got this TV from my brother -who purchased it new back in 2000 - The problem that I'm having is once I've turned it on - finished watching it! and power it off! and won't turn back on unless I unplug it from the wall - and let it sit for 4 hrs - I saw this solution on the internet -and it was called a HARD RESET - once I've done this - and plug it back in - the Green power light flashes twice and then goes steady! After that - It will power up! but - if I turn it off - It's back to the beginning - unplug and wait 4 hrs ?? any idea as to the possible cause or causes? Other then this - they TV is great and has a GREAT picture - It was not used very much - maybe 400 hrs on it? if that.

Well! I'm totally confused - The TV repair place called yesterday to set up a time and date to come out and re-install the entire chassis - So the guy comes out - and installs the chassis - turns the tv on and does the aligment and tuning - (Paperwork) Indicates that the System Module and the Power Regultor have been replaced! Leaves - and not more then 20 minutes later - I power it off - and then try and turn it back on! Back to square one! I called the shop back - and they sent the repair guy back out! this time it's two of them - so they pull the TV out - do some testing and think the system board is bad again? how can this be - The removed the entire chassis again and were taking it back to the shop! When asked what the problem was or is? they were not sure - Shows that there is power coming in? but thinks there might be a short! in the System Module?

Could this have been caused when they were connecting the components into the TV? Digital Cable box, VCR/DVD Combo and DVD Recorder ? with possible power on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us