Please some advance help

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 846
I asked this question on another thread title:
LK, Big question please Help!
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/281383.html

Thinking that with over 4931 he would be the most likely top know the answer.
Lk never answer it, so I'm opening on the question to anybody willing to help.

Copy & Paste

Pansat and all FTAs work with the Video
Encryption DVB (the standard) and DTV works with DSS.

I've been reading about chip, memory, etc, of the Pansat and other FTAs boxes and the programming can be done.

Now I known that DTV cannot be crack, but I also know that there are some PC emulator that can get the signal even if is only to get channel 100 , 200 ,etc with no encryption something like FTA for DSS.

The questions is do you know of any way to modify the DVB BIN so it can also pick DSS? It might be a good idea for the times when they show free concerts and other specials!

Ok this is the thing when you Blind Scan sat 119 only DN comes out and when you Scan 101 nothing comes out.

The reason for this is that DTV uses their own encryption (like Jay says it does not mean it is a better one) but it is a different one from DVB (used by DN, Nimiq, etc).

My question is: Does anybody know of a way to change the current bin so DTV can be pick just for pure FTA (channels 100-- preview channels).

If anybody knows please help! Thanks in advance!

P.S: If anybody think I'm asking this question in the wrong forum or know where I can ask it so I can get my answers please advice thanks ones again!

Silver Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 109
Before I start, I should say, any type of bin modifying, under any conditions, will be impossible if you do-not have any coding experience.

Now I may be no LK, with 4000+ posts, but I know a thing or two. To your follow-up on your main question.. To pickup free channels and even DirecTV cracking itself, of the encryption could be done if the programmers wanted to. Heres the reason why they won't and why even with current bins you cannot pickup free channels from DTV.

Its as simple as this phrase. "DirecTV would never allow it"

How do I know this? I had asked this same question to some high rankers in the fta coding community. (no names)

"They" told me all the same thing. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done, but within 24 hours of a release of the bin, DirecTV would be trying to take down the FTA world.

Since the H and HU days directv has spent more money then any other sat company in preventing people from stealing signals. So without a big song and dance story. Its possible, but would never happen in the best interest of all FTAers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
EDIT: I guess FTA coders don't bother with DTV even with free channel pickups either for this reason.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 849
bobby

Someone tall me something similar in another site. I just had the hope of some tester having the program to do it.

Because as you know tester will always be testers LOL

Thanks again bobby!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4937
Well I wasn't sure exactly what U were asking so I never replied..BUT, I do NOT agree with the answer posted here..if the coders could hack into DTV in ANY way and using ANY and ALL resources available, they would have!...either for the "challenge", their ego, or the money!...simply put, with "Videogard" encryption, DTV has a GOLD mine, that NOBODY has been able to crack!

As far as FTA, DTV is thrilled that the focus is on DN and Bev who both used "nagravision" encryption.....FTA is like a distraction to DTV, which DTV enjoys!...(its like setting a fire on the opposite side of town, while u rob the bank)..with FTA being tested, DTV has less peeps bothering them and testing DTV, and more subscribers for DTV, who got fed up with FTA and DN always going down..DTV is still the number provider with subscribers, and still growing, and VERY secure..thats my 2 cents..

Also remember, that it was not the coders here who hacked Nagravision, it was the Europeans...and DTV was NEVER cracked before, it was LEAKED!

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
when I mentioned that I was told "it could be done" .. please take that with a proverbial grain of salt. You are right DTV was never really hacked. But if enough time was spent, it could be done, anything is possible, that is why I was told this. As mentioned, even if it was hackable, it would never happen/last long on FTA in many people's opinions. Thats why coders don't bother wasting their time, because I am sure much of their time would be indeed wasted trying to hack it. Maybe by trying they could attempt to get classified DTV insider info which could help them. You don't know! And the fact that someone agrees with me sheds more light.

"Someone tall me something similar in another site."

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 851
I agree with both of your opinions and think that I'm talking in a common ground.
My way of looking at it is that to crack something you need some sort of infrastructure and looking at some FTAs receivers I found out just that, the majority of this receiver can handle DTV programming.
So I looked for someone able to at least get the DSS signal and found out that some PC Emulators could it, so my next step was to posted here hoping that someone like you guys could give me some info!

Thanks again to both of you!

LK: I'll try to be clearer on my question next time!

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
and I would also like to add, at this point in time, simply, there is no need for it. DN and Beverly has provided millions with picture on their tube. Why waste time coding in DTV decryption into bins?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 855
bobby

Well I have SATs 110w, 119w, 91w, 82w, 61.5, 30w and I had 121w but took it down.
I just liked to add 101w LOL.

Some say the more the better! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
yea, well coders can't even keep up with current ECM's could you imagine coders also trying to keep up with DTV's attempts to shut people off?

as LK said DTV has more subscribers which = more money, which = more available money/resources to stop pirating of signals.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 859
bobby

I don't think they would do any type of action if all that could be watch from them would be FTAs it would be like free advertising for them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
yes I guess your right, but maybe they just don't bother with DTV at all. Its probably not worth the work for just a couple of free channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4942
FTA receivers cathing DN and Bev is ALL based on Nagravision being hacked...and bins are based upon having a full dump of the rom 102 cards..

DTV uses videoguard which has never been cracked, nor a dump ever been done on D1 (made by DirecTv not NDS anymore) aka P5 cards..so how do U figure FTA can ever get DTV?

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 304
i wud love if v can get DTV for free!! may b someday!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
"so how do U figure FTA can ever get DTV?"

"they could attempt to get classified DTV insider info which could help them. You don't know!"

and its never been "cracked" because yes, it is more difficult then it ever was cracking N2.

But, what you forget to understand that, it can happen, it happened before under certain circumstances with the old H/HU days. Its as simple as this...

Currently we have N2 cracked.. if all of N2 did not exist (a.k.a bev and dish) there would be be demand for free TV... now basically what happens where their is demand?.. yes the simple formula of supply and demand my friend.

So all I am saying is if it WAS needed, it could very well happen.

"You don't know!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 4944
"they could attempt to get classified DTV insider info which could help them. You don't know!"

coulda , woulda, shoulda...but didn't and never will!...and "if man made it, then he can break it" is BS too....yeah anything is possible...one day we all could wake up and suddenly be geniuses too!...its possible, but NOT probable!

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 673
This is no different then a thief selecting a bank to rob. What do you think is the criteria?

1. Accessibility!
2. Vulnerability!

Do you think it's possible to rob Fort Knox? Yes, it's possible. Will it happen? I don't think so.

It's all about what's easy to do and what's not. So far it's proven that it is easier to get DN and BEV rather then DTV. If somehow this changed i.e. DN & BEV got wiser (which doesn't seem to be the case), then maybe coder would shift their attention to DTV.

Now I'm not saying that they haven't tinkered with that possibility. But as of today, it's a lot easier to test with DN & BEV then it is with DTV. So we go back to what I said earlier "Why?" READ 1 & 2 ABOVE...

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 670
All if this also does not take into consideration the fact that DTV will take more aggresive legal action against pirates than it's competitors. That is because DTV has more resources and also much more to lose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 675
Like I said:
1. Accessibility!
2. Vulnerability!

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
Or better yet "dollars & cents". I have no idea where I put that post at one time, but that was the tittle and it pretty much addressed the same things we just did here.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 463
As a former DTV user I can tell you guys, I better like FTA....can get almost the same set of shows to see and also a little bit more so, let's this DTV guys live in their safe & closed world, if they don't mess with me, I will not mess with them.....

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 672
I guess what I'm saying is that if DTV was on the same playing field as DN and BEV, and could be hacked just as easily as them, their pursuit and prosecution of pirates would be the main reason that DTV would still be less desirable to f*ck around with.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 862
Just cracking videoguard in general would open another world on FTAs, not just for 101west DTV. Especially to us in the west that cannot get a lot of pure FTAs from Europe.

Anything is possible and a lot can change from one day to the next.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us