Big Problem with Samsung DLP HLN46W

Username: Nativtxn53

Keller, TX

Post Number: 6
I posted before about this problem I'm having with my DLP. It was suggested I vacumm and check the fans since it appeared the DMD Board was overheating. I did this and it worked for a while but now it's worse than ever. Here is a link to YouTube which shows exactly what's happening. Watch for picture "flashing". Also, the pic is very dark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIQ1AvsfwEI

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 888
The projector's lamp is shot. It's way beyond time to put in your spare. The digital board has been too hot. Heat damage can be prevented, but cannot be reversed. I think there is an upgraded digital board for that model. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG, prompts 2, 1, 3, 1 and do your best to get past the first level of support. Explain the flashing and mention the upgraded digital board. If you are very persistent they may offer the part and/or the labor. They have helped other original owners out of warranty. Good luck!

http://www.samsungparts.com/part_detail.asp?oldpart=BP94%2D00502W&catalog%5Fname =Parts+and+Accessories&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=BP94%2D00385A&search%5Fmode l=HLN467W

Keller, TX

Post Number: 7
Thanks FYI. I changed the lamp and it's the same. I did remember I have an extended warranty thru WarranTech. Intech Labs is coming out next week. Any advice?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 890
Oh...I'll bet he replaces the whole light engine.
That warranty just paid for itself several times over. Kewl! :-)

Keller, TX

Post Number: 8
FYI Update. Intech Labs Dallas is replacing the whole light engine. Only problem is they are having trouble getting parts. Have you ever heard of Samsung paying for a replacement rental?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 915
Usually, if you press the issue, they will replace the set with a new one. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us