HDTV Antenna

Bronze Member
Username: Zonk1972

Post Number: 18
I am sure I'll get flack for being ignorant about this. But, I have been hearing I can possibly pick up HDTV stations for free with an antenna. I have Sony HDTV with internal tuner. But, if I attach the antenna to the back of the TV, where do I attach the cable box if I still want to have both. In other words, can i still use a cable box or cable directly to my TV to get the other channels and then attach the antenna for HDTV cahnnels. How would I attach both antenna and cable?

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 854
You should have two RF inputs (you didn't indicate your specific model), one of them is antenna/air the other cable. You can connect your antenna to the ant/air and your cable box to the cable. If you only have 1 RF input, you should be able to connect your cable box to any of your available composite (or component inputs if it's an HD STB). Either way you do it, it can be done and yes you can watch both box and antenna while connected this way, you just have to choose which input or antenna input you desire to watch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us