Is this possible

Username: Dmbfan

Post Number: 1
hey! being in canada and all i was wondering if there was a way i can get dish network using my directv dish.or is there a way to get a dishnetwork receievr without having to get a full system?

cali777
Unregistered guest
mike--yes you can use your dtv dish to pick up dish's sattellite signal..now you will need a dish reciever & rom3/rom10 card (blue card) look around in here i posted a good sattelite site to go to that will help you...oh heck here ya go www.dssevolution.com

cali777
Unregistered guest
here ya go mike this might help::

To find the 110 deg Charlie sat using your old Dave reciever and dish that is currently on 101 deg.:
Go to your Dave setup/antenna screen (where you see the sig level), and change the transponder to 28. Go out and adjust the elevation you need to get the 110 sat (find your local elevation/azimuth info here (http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm)and select Echostar 6 and select your location info), rotate the dish slowly in the correct direction (westward) till the signal meter pegs out. Now you're on 110.
To find 119deg... same instructions, except put the transducer on 22, and select Echostar 7 to find your elevation/azimuth...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us