Uniqu Issue with DN HD&Pansat3500

Bronze Member
Username: Argeelh

Post Number: 30
HI, I have a problem that I'm not sure how to solve. I have a subscribtion with DN for there HD package, the system is setup with two Dishes. THe first is D500 with DPP and the secod is a standard DP. Here is the delima, the Standard DP which is looking at 61.5 ( receives the HD signal and has the international channels) is connected to the DPP on the other dish( pointing at 110&119). I'm trying to use this setup to feed my Pansat 3500 to receive the PPV and international channels. I was able to get some 110&119 channels but how do I configure my Pansat 3500 to see 61.5 channels? Also does any one know about this new DPP that DN is using to combine the signal? waht interna switching are they using?

THanks for any help

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 167
The DPP (Dish Pro PLUS) LNB's has a built-in switch which has a default of:
-119 as switch #1
-110 as switch #2
- and has a built-in 3rd switch with-in the LNB, which can be used for 3rd LNB (3rd satellite). As you would notice, the 61.5w LNB is connected to the DPP LNB (that connection is an INPUT, NOT OUTPUT). This makes it more economical and ease of installation (FOR dn) for those subscribers that wants international channels.
-ON the PS-3500, you will have to go to your antenna set-up and make sure you input the correct settings of the LNB TYPE, LNB FREQ, AND THE DISEQC SWITCH NUMBER (#3), Just those 3 things that needed to be configured, then perform satellite scan the 61.5,
WATCH TV!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
TDG, Thanks for the info. I have been testing last night for a long time, but here is my problem. The 119 and 110 LNB type is set to Dish Pro and 11250 Frq and DisqC is on 1 and 2 respectivley. While the 61.5 is Standard LNB type at 11250 Frq and on DisqC 3. With this setup I will have no signal. I have one more set to make before I get anything which is the Legacey SW box, I have to turn it to Twin LNB 2 to receive a signal (Running Latest BIN and Keys). This also applies to 110 and 119. The problem is I do not seem to get aconstant signal, Channels come for 20 seconds and then the "no signal" sign comes on. What Am I doing wrong? Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
If you have been reading my post lately, that is one reason that I do not recommend DPP (dish pro plus.) DP is never been a problem, BUT WITH A DPP LNB, THE SIGNAL IS VERY UNSTABLE, COMES AND GO. IT IS ACTUALLY A SWITCH (BUILT-IN) ISSUE CAUSED BY THE DPP. I HAD EVEN MENTIONED IN ONE OF MY POSTS TO MAKE SURE TO GET THE (DUAL-110/119) or a quad output DP LNB. DISH PRO PLUS THAT HAS THE 3 F-TERMINALS (which is 1 IN & 2 outs)results to erroneous signal output. MOST FTA receivers has switch incompatibility on those (DPP) LNBs.
I am very familiar with the problem that you are experiencing, with exact same set-up, including the subscription part. At one point this is what I did, after frustration and time spent, I decided to CHANGE set-up to resolve the issue.
THIS IS YOUR ONLY OPTION IF YOU WOULD WANT TO KEEP THE 2 DISHES AND THE DN RECEIVER + PS-3500 WITH OUT EXPERIENCING THE "UNSTABLE" SIGNAL:

1. Keep the Standard DP which is looking at 61.5w
2. You will need to replace the DPP (110/119) LNB,s with DP (not DPP).
3. You will have to use a DP-34 multi switch.
4. All 61.5 110 & 119 will be connected to dp-34.
5. PS-3500 and DN receiver (s) will be connected to DP-34.

NOTE
1 Another purpose why DN would use a DPP LNB, in additional to those mentioned above is also, customer has a DUAL tuner receiver (like the DVR's), that uses diplexer. DUAL TUNER WILL NOT WORK if the LNB is a DP only, 2nd tuner will only work with DPP. You did not mention anything about your DN box.
If you do not have a dual tuner, then the above should work, which will require you some RE-CABLE work.
2.The DN receiver has to be left ON all the time, otherwise, PS-3500 will loose signal. The DP-34 has a high current draw, that the PS-3500 alone CAN NOT SUPPLY, thus, there will be some voltage drop between the RG-6. But with the DN box left ON, 3500 will not be a problem. You do not need to power ON the Pansat though, for the DN to operate.
3.The DP-34 has 4 outputs, so you can add more receivers, rather than a dual tuner (for 2 TV's), if you need another DN tuner or FTA box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Thanks for the great help TDG

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Welcome...

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 216
www.fta4dummies.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Stealth, here's a similar way and illustration of how you can set-up both your DN and FTA receivers. Remove the SuperDish and hook both the Dish 500's (61.5/110/119) that you have, then follow the diagram by referring to the link below:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/269432.html
It's post # 339, with the additional comments and instructions @ post #191.
Everything should run OK but again, YOU STILL NEED TO REPLACE THE DPP LNB with DP lnb as stated initially. I honestly have not tested combining a DPP combined with DP-34 switch, because DPP by itself, has internal switch built-in, but you may try it first yourself before purchasing a DP LNBF to replace the 110/119 LNBF. I had tested the diagram shown few times using a SuperDish or a combination of 2 Dish 500's, and always works flawlessly, that includes with or without a sub unit. Very likely, that you will have to replace your 110 and 119 DPP to a DP.
*I have read from a DN installation guide in the past that a DPP LNB will not work with a DP-34. It has to be a DPP-44 multi-switch (that will work with DPP LNB). I do not recommend you buying a DPP-44, which has an external power supply, because they are pretty expensive. Although I had tested it (DPP-44) myself, and had no trouble with it, but the power HAS TO BE ON ALL THE TIME. You are not suppose to disconnect the external power supply, otherwise the DN receiver, will have a problem all the time, such as "check switch", "no signal" transponder problem and varieties of "ERROR CODE" on the screen. And since it was ON all the time, the My external power supply burnt after 6 months. I was able to sell the DPP-44 without a power supply @ ebay for a good price though.
Save this link, in case you plan to try it out yourself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
TDG,
All great ideas, I agree with you I will not buy a DPP-44 I was reading in the past that it might go bad on you and you are right it is expensive. The issue that I'm having is, I just recently got the DN service after the latest blackout, The installer installed 2 dishes one of them is with the DPP and the second is pointing at the 61.5. I was trying to split the signal so I can get all the good stuff including international channels through My Pansat 3500, I tried several settings including Satellite splitters and Diplexers but i was not able to get the channels on all Sat's. I was hoping I can get all the channels from the DN setup ( that the installer did) instead of setting a second dish on my roof. I think that is the only solution...Oh well I have to live with 4 sat's on my roof...I know what my neighbors would think...hahaha

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
I understand your situation...
You can't really decorate your roof with dishes and LNB's like a christmas tree....Hehehe...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us