Switch

Bronze Member
Username: Panochalover

Post Number: 13
Can I use the switch that my boxes came with as a splitter. I wanna hook up my pansat and viewsat in separate rooms, but the switches only have one output to receiver. How can i do this without damageing my equiptment

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 294
Upload
here is a diagram using sw-21, 22khz and diseqc switch for 2 receivers. if more then 2 receivers then just copy the setup with the sw-21 and 22khz for other receivers.

This is for the 3 main sats 91/110/119

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 630
NO...You need LNB for two receiver...

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 173
Yo, check the LNB's if it is dual feed (output). If so, use the other output for the other switch -> receiver...
Next time, give more hardware details.
OTHERWISE, replace LNB, with DUAL or QUAD Dish-Pro LNB, then read how to set it up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i have dish 500 so i guess i have to open it up to see if there are two outputs on each. I know the 105 lnb has two.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
can use one of the switches that dN uses to split to four rooms?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4344
Do NOT use sw21 switches with pansats..again U need to be more clear what U have and what U want!...and just look on the LNB and see if there are 2 outputs!...no need to "open" anything!..boy U know absolutely nothing and have READ absolutely NOTHING...another Lazy kid who wants to be spoon fed!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4345
Justice...that is a WAY overcomplicated diagram...no need for all those switches..2 simple disque switches works fine for 2 simple FTA receivers and 3 dual LNB's...

and if ONLY 110-119 satellites...all U need is a Dish pro TWIN LNB and run 1 cable directly to each receiver..and if U really want the 91 , then add a dual DP LNB and a DP 34 switch, and can have 4 receivers if U want!..

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 301
If you have a Dish 500 setup verify that the LNB is not a "Dish Pro Plus". If it is, it's not going to work for your box. You need to use the "Dish Pro" and no switches.

LK - Didn't you discuss this in earlier this week? Then they get pissed when we snap at them for not taking time to read...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4346
yes I did..this knucklehead doesn't read...also Dish 500 come in many varieties of LNB's..do Dish 500 means nothing ...

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 303
I agree I'm just stating the fact that the "Dish Pro Plus" LNB will not work.

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 631
Panocha,if you are a newbe,go to read http://www.d*sstester.com/files.php?cat=32&cmd=all&sort=&order=&page=2 ,good stuff,a lot of info!!!
remove *

Gold Member

Post Number: 4355
Actually the DPP will work with FTA but the LNB's need a constant ON power source and cannot use any seperators or switches..but they really are more suited for DN receivers, NOT FTA!..and the receiver settings is same as just DP..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
not a newbie, but ive had pansat so long now in its current set up that i want to do something different im afraid of frying my crap.

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 120
As we know SW21 does not work for FTA . So, if you want to have more output then you need to use DP34 sw for cascade

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 517
And for DP34 you need to power up Port 1 separately or put a legacy reciever on port1 and keep it on.

Silver Member
Username: Morispastora

Thunder bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 339
switchUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4414
he never mentioned anything about a DN receiver..ONLY Pansat and viewsat FTA receivers..and he never stated how many satellites either...so we are all pissing in the wind now..can't help someone who doesn't tell U anything, plus we covered about every possible scenario here..case closed!

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
LK: When Viewsat became active around 14th August, people had the same problem with superdish, etc. and you were not able to help properly. If they bring in a DP34 switch to work and use a Pansat on port 1 s0mething similar witll happen. It is just as weel the "client" has the full information and diagrams. He can then choose what to do.
In greek we say, QED.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4416
WTF are U talking about!...learn to write and communicate, before U start bashing me jerk!...go do what Greeks do best, stay with the pizza shop and shove it up yours!...I was married to a Greek, and your heritage is something U have to live with not me...cause I don't give a damn, if U are a martian!

U are just pissed cause PRFRMNJ and myself caught U giving bogus info to eveybody about bin 278 and 278T here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4417
Nalin...I know U have been starting trouble with everyone lately and like to run your mouth...so I am asking U politely to stop it now and let this BS end now!

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
LK: Good I got your attention. There are several people out there in the New Keys and other threads who have got totally stuck after uploading a 278 BIN on top of a perfectly working 277 BIN. There are others that keep on waiting for autoroll and it does not work. Perhaps you or PRFRMNJ might like to help, because I am not able to.
As far as Viewsats or other FTAs and Superdish - the problem has been well threshed out in this and other threads and forums and in fact the first reply by Justice was sufficient and was well reinforced by Jamie Pastora. So we can consider the problem solved.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4418
Nalin...STFU...U were never able to help...so whats new there!...U're worse than a little kid...I asked U politely to end it but your big useless mouth had to keep yapping...I'm going to guess and say U are a woman..the yapping and whining points that way..

and U are still whining about the stupid 278 bin!...leave it alone...it works well!...if people are having problems with it, then they are the same ones who can't load a factory bin...so stop your BS!..

Username: Sahr

Post Number: 10
Hi Guys , I need some help with an issue as I have not been able to solve. It has to do with loss of dish signals when I use a splitter to split the signal from the Sattallite dish (coming through a DiSeqC switch) to feed it to two receivers digiwave 7000 and Bell 3100 that i have. I use the splitter after the switch.
I have 3 dishes: 1. BEV 91, 2. Echo 110, 3. Echo 61.5. The 3 dishes feed into DIGIWAVE 4x DiSEqC switch and I have bell dish on port A, echo61.5 on port b and echo110 on port c. From the switch the cable goes into digiwave receiver where I can select echo 110 and echo 61.5. Earlier, I was just manually shifting the cable between bell receiver and digiwave. But to avoid this hassel ,I purchased a splitter (2.3Ghz) with 4 power pass ports so I can give input to two receivers without having to shift the cable. But the moment I connet the splitter and the two receivers, the bell receiver looses signal. The bell receiver also looses the signal when I change the channels on the digiwave receiver. Some how they seem to be connected even though I thought by using a splitter the splited signal should be independent . Is there a way to split the signal after the DiSEqC switch to feed it to two receiver so they can work independently? Am i using the wrong kind of splitter? Of so, please let me know of the proper specifications and where can i find it.

Earlier the bell receiver was giving trouble when I tried using bell dish on other ports of theDiSEqC switch; it only seems to work if i give bell dish the Port A. . If someone has insight on this i will deeply appreciate it. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 134
sahr....why are you highjacking panachalover's thread? It's easy to start your own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Sahr, It has been mentioned in this forum countlessly, that you can not use splitters for DSS signal. It is a digital signal. You are not dealing with analog comcast cable..
You better remove that splitter, before it fries your hardwares.
Jaime Pastora, Yes, that set-up works well without any trouble for someone who wants to use FTA, DN receiver(s), 3 Sats, without having any problem with signal loss on FTA and without any extra power connected to the DP-34, BUT I WISH YOU HAD MENTIONED THAT I WAS THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THAT ILLUSTRATION, and it is just a C&P. I want to add that PORT 2,3,& 4 output can be used for both DN or FTA receivers, but, at least 2 receivers, has to be ON, for the FTA to work (without loss of signal) for port 1-4. The FTA that is connected to the diseqc switch , will be running OK at any point, anytime, independently from the rest of the boxes, without loss of signal.

Silver Member
Username: Morispastora

Thunder bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 344
TDG. I DON'T, GET THAH FROM ANY FORUM, MY FRIEND SENT IT TO MI. I DON'T ASK HIM HOW HE GOT IT
IF THAT WAS FROM YOU, THAT PROVE IT WORKS. HE SENT ME OTHERS TOO. I DON'T IF THE REST IS FROM YOU MAN. SORRY ABOUT THAT .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
TDG, Thanks for clarifying some of the issues. I have removed the splitter, but then what should I use in it's place to give output to two receivers without loosing signals for one or the other?
And some body mentioned that I hijacked panachalover's thread, I did not hijack anything. I just posted an issue for help. I thought that was the purpose of the foroum and beside this thread seems revelant cuz people were already dicussing various combinations of LNBs and receivers.
Anyway, now can someone please advise me as to what to use in place of the splitter that I was using to give feed to two receivers? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
USE DISH PRO LNB ONLYUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Sahr, digiwave will have unstable signal if you connect it to Port #2 (next to Bell), if Bell is turned OFF. BUT will be running OK (Digiwave) if you follow the diagram.
Bell itself will be OK all the time, because it has sufficient current (amperage) output to supply the DP-34.
#1,2,3, where the Diseqc is connected is just a loop thru output, so digiwave will be OK all the time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
TDG, Thanks for all the help and the nice diagram. I guess, I have to buy a DP-34 switch. It seems that I will still have to run two separate wires to the two receivers. Is there no way that I can have one wire going into the room where the TV is and do some kind of spiliting at the end of that wire to give feed to two receivers. This is cuz I just have one tv, but two receivers. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4419
Sure is alot of redundancy here...3 of us said the same thing..

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Totally agree LK, we just got to keep repeating, before others get it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
I just want to be nice to the guy. I know, that you, me and the few of us that has some good experience in testing will be able to help benefit those ones that wants some of our knowledge. People like you and the one's that are knowledged will not be around all the time. And hoping that if we could passed it to them, these guys will also passed it to those one's that will sometime need knowledge.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 569
Nice legacy!/?
With DTV dishes:

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
Johnner, What switches are those connected to the LNBFs?
Have you tested?
I wonder if you could (and work of course) use a DP-34, instead, of a diseqc, for multiple outputs.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 570
Yes it does work is how I'm using at the moment.

They are old DTV multiswitches from old dual dishes.

When installing them just make sure that the 13v are with the 13v and the 18 v with the 18s for the DTV switches.

Then connect them to the Pansat multiswitch.
On the Pansat settings just try to get a clear mine of what you are doing let's take mine setting for example:

On 110 west and 119 west they are both on the #1 Pansat multiswith entrance so on the 22 KHz setting "on" is going to be 110 west and the "OFF" 119.

110 West
LNB Type Standard
LNB Local Freq 11250
22 KHz On
DISEqC #1

119 West
LNB Type Standard
LNB Local Freq 11250
22 KHz Off
DISEqC #1

Note: A little trick signal may be different so try to notice it:
Example 110 may be 99% quality and 119 98% quality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
Thanks Johnner...

Sahr, yes there is a solution for your problem. It's on another thread, so that this thread does not get hi-jacked. Go read it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us