Mitsubishi VS-60607 horizontal lines running through the screen

Username: Utahbaseballboy

Post Number: 1
My Mistsubishi Vs-60607 had horizontal lines dancing on the screen for what started as the first 5 min after turning on and then went to about the first 30 min. after turning on. Now the horizontal dancing won't stop no matter how long it is on. TV was manufacured in 2000. 6 years doesn't seem like a long TV life but maybe I am old fashioned. Is it time to find a new TV? What is this going to cost me or is there something I can do myself. Please help

Username: Aspoonemore

I am having this same issue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Lavetta

We are having the same problem. Any clue on how much this costs to repair?

Username: Garyadiletto

I have the Mit vs 60607 2000, same problem, I'm going to start replacing caps on the signal board, it's just a guess.

Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 7
Are they primary colors? When I hear "lines dancing across the screen" convergence failure comes to mind. If they are solid white or black, then the signal board is a good place to start looking for bad caps.

Username: Aspoonemore

Post Number: 2
I had this fixed but I'm not sure what he did to fix it. I seem to remember him saying it had something to do with a "9 volt" if that makes sense to anyone.

Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 9
Would that be a 9 volt regulator? If so, you're looking for a T-220 case IC. It will be labeled UPC7809 or LM7809 or L78M09. Look for a three lead device attached to a heat sink with "7809" in it's part number.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us