Mitsubishi big screen projection TV

Username: Dusty_k

Post Number: 1
Hoping someone can help... Had a power surge tonight and although we have volume on the TV, there are rainbow colors and red/green throughout the picture and the picture is warped. It also seems like we are seeing double in some places. I hope it isn't fried beyond repair? There was no lightning in the area, just a surge but a big enough one to knock out power down the street. I would really appreciate an opinion... Thanks!

Username: Mindy50

Marion, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I have a mitsubishi 42 inch Projection TV. The picture goes out every once in awhile the sound stays on, the screen goes black then 3 lines red,blue,& green go to the center and it blacks out . Our local repair person has taken the tv two times and he said he has replaced parts but he didn't list them on the bill all I know is the tv still blacks out. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks

Username: Douglasnewman

Post Number: 2
When I go to turn on my Mitsubishi 1080, the green light comes on for a few seconds and then shuts itself off before a picture even comes up.
HELP!!

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 21
Dusty, a good competent tech should be able to get you fixed up for right around $300. Much over that I would start to suspect they are padding the bill a little too much.
Jan, If the picture is collapsing from top and the bottom into those lines, you've got some kind of intermittent vertical failure, which can cause a tech to go wild. If the problem isn't there when he's working on it, he's just guessing. Myself, I don't like guessing, I'll hold a set in shop for as long as it takes for it to fail , so I don't have to guess. HERE'S A REAL PROBLEM FOR YOU! If it's collapsing into those lines, it could very well be doing damage to the CRT's phosphorous coating every time it does it. It could be burning lines or spots into the phosphorous. NOT GOOD. Even after the set it fixed, you will aways see a faint line in the picture or a black/color spot somewhere in the middle of the screen. While the set is having this problem, turn down the contrast and brightness as much as you can stand and still be able to watch TV. The higher the brightness and contrast when it collapses, the more damage it's doing to the CRTs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us