Jittery HDTV channels?

Username: Polarbear16

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I have noticed with my new Samsung DLP that some of the live sports I get on HDTV channels is, for lack of a better word, jittery. It almost looks like a computer that doesnt have enough memory trying to play a video file.

Non sports channels in HD work fine and DVD's look awesome but when I was watching the world cup I noticed a problem that actually got worse as the tournament went on.

I think it might be because the TV is located about 12 feet away from the cable outlet.... but then why wouldn't all channels be affected? And why would it be getting worse? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatlty appreciated!!

Post Number: 2
hmmm, I also wonder if the cable I am using should be upgraded. I am currently using a very standard cable from the wall to the HD box and then the same style from the box to the TV

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1040
PB16, three years ago I was having pixelation problems on HD channels....the regular channels were OK. I scheduled a service call and got lucky with a good guy who corrected the faulty initial installation by the first crew.

Get your cable co. out to your house pronto.

Username: Bmoster

Post Number: 10
Yeah Polarbear I have the same problem.It looks like a pixelation problem when the action gets intense.

Post Number: 3
I figured out what the problem is:

Sports games are shot on 720 dpi cameras and I had my TV set to 1020 dpi.

Change the setting on your TV and the problem is fixed!

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 172
PolarBear,

All sports events in HD are actually shot using 1080p x60 HD cameras. The data is then converted to whatever resolution the particular broadcast company uses to send out their HD signals. FOX and ESPN use 720p, others use 1080i but they all use 1080p (60 fps) camers on the field for the initial capture then downconvert it to the resolution compatible with their studio and terrestrial broadcast equipment.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us