Audio problems with sdtv

Username: Hexum

Post Number: 1
dunno if this is the right forum but ok

ok i bought a philips 27'' integrated real flat sdtv with a atsc/QAM tuner..it says built in tuner that recieves and decodes digital broadcasts

anyways here is whats up

i get very clear video...and awesome sound...but on some stations i just get video and no audio

any help?

we have comcast cable(not digital)

Bronze Member
Username: 1movibuff

Post Number: 17
If you have just the basic/expanded package and some channels have these symptoms: no audio, may sound like a radio station or spanish speaking on an engish speaking channel.
then your tv is set to SAP (secondary audio program) Check the owners manual to see where in the menu the SAP is located and turn it off. It may even be on the remote control.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
If you have just the basic/expanded package and some channels have these symptoms: no audio, may sound like a radio station or spanish speaking on an engish speaking channel.
then your tv has SAP (secondary audio program)turned on. If you aren't sure how to find it, check the owners manual to see where in the menu the SAP is located and turn it off. This is the first thing I suggest you try.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
sorry for the double post

Username: Wfld1863

Post Number: 5
I had the same problem on all my digital channels from comcast through the QAM tuner. After a power outage, the TV went through a re-boot and the audio returned. Coincidence ? maybe , but worth a try, check your manual for re-boot instructions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us