Help with seting up a pci satellite card

Username: Reble

Pasco, Wa Usa

Post Number: 1
I am a payed user of Dish network. I am trying to setup a 2nd computer as a DVR so I can record a tv prog on the primary satellite receiver and use the computer sys to watch a difrent channel.
The software that came with the pci satellite card does not have the info stored in the software for echostar 119 and 110. The software has a bunch of euro and middle east satellites stored in the data base and I can lock in on those satellites. I also don't know how to setup software ritzdvb at all.
Can someone please help me.

Username: An0nymou5

Post Number: 1
I can help you do this. Right now you will only get your locals though, if you are hitting 110/119, it is in the same state as FTA receivers, we're expecting a fix soon....Which card do you have? Also are you windows based or *nix based. Its not difficult to do but you need to give me more specifics, Also you want to be running a pretty high end PC with a good vid card, and lots of ram, if you want to be able to record to your HD, and actually enjoy it.

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 106
"... The software that came with the pci satellite card does not have the info stored in the software for echostar 119 and 110. .."

I never use PCI Sat Card . But, I would like to share with you about my thought . It is not thing to do with "program store 119&110 infor." .

My opinion is, you point your dish to sat 119&110 (assume your dish is hitting correct of direction) .
And you must familiar with a software go with PCI card (No one can help you with this thing .
Except one who has the same stuff as you have)

1. Power off your PC
2. Connect cable from LNB (dish) to input of
PCI Sat card .
3. Power on to run your PC .
4. run software apply for your PCi sat. card
then do a scan (I do beleive it has in
software for application ). Then you will
get information from Sat 119&110.
[PCI Sat. card just like a circuit card of
receiver . Receiver uses receiver cpu & OS
to do a job . PCI uses cpu(PC)& os(PC)to
adapt to software to do a job].

If you want record , turn off screen save, turn off anti virus ... (this may be interupt PC during records) , video card 64 M and up (128M is
prefered). Memory PC just like normal minimun
256M . So you will enjoy your work .

hope this give you a idea .

Username: An0nymou5

Post Number: 2
Please do not take this the wrong way, but you could not be further off the mark, setting up DVB/PCI and getting it to work smoothly is actually quite complex, you do not just point and scan, you need to create your own .ini with the transponder list for 110/119. You also need to know you LOF1&LOF2 settings, as well as what type of LNB, what type of Diseqc, you also need to build your own graphs, configure plugins, program the remote to function properly, its alot of work. The benefits far out weigh the time invested once you have the finished product. But telling Steven no one can help him except for someone who has the exact same stuff as him is extremely misleading. I have used DVB for a long time with true FTA as well as for DN/B3V, there are little tricks you learn along the way that make setting it up alot easier then just going at it alone. As I said before, Steven if you would like to know an easy way to get your PCI card up, as I said before post your specs, which card you have, what OS, etc. I will be able to help you.

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 107
Steven said,
"don't know how to setup software
ritzdvb at all. "
It look like I say,
"Can someone help me how to write the
BIN code for FTA "

That why I say,
"no one can help him except for someone
who has the exact same stuff "

Sorry ! I forget you are a good one ! Hope steven can do with his stuff .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us