Eva or Tyler I need urgent help help help ASAP Fortec reciever

Bronze Member
Username: Bladam

Post Number: 65
Remember my old Fortec lifetime that I was unable to get bin file for, well the long and the short of it all, I finally got a file that mess up the entire sytem, once I powered on receiver green light appears for just a few seconds and then out for good, what the hell did I do to my cousing reciever. I need help, any suggestion will do at this time

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 34
What is the BIN file name that you loaded?
IS it the Fortec lifetime ultra or classic?
It seems to be your receiver is dead, and it needs Jtag.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
I intend to agree with you that a Jtag is what needed for this unit at this time, here is the file I had used
[link removed], Thein cang please send me the instructions in doing a jtag on this old Fortec lifetime

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
I had figured out how to do a jtag, now my fortec lifetime powered on ok, showing ON in green, all I need at this point is the latest bin file for this old Fortec lifetime, is there something else I need to do at this point

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1031
Barbar:
run the latest bin again.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1033
C/P
Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing: loading a bin..

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird, Pansat 2700/3500 and some other receivers use null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working SERIAL port, you must install one or use a computer that has one. Usb ports do NOT usually work, except on rare ocassions with an adapter.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. Most Blackist updaters do Not require this.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the BACK switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Timing is critical and many vary to 2nd or 3rd light. Be persistent, may take 50 attempts..

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Where did you get this BIN "X-75BL_060526_254d(ir)_db_api.bin", it's not the BIN for Fortec Lifetime and it was old BIN. It has to be the "X-85BL_060610_277T_au_api_.bin" (you can get from "http://dssftp.***com/files/index.php?m=category&CATID=57", must remove the *** in the URL).
I'm never Jtag before, either you bring the Fortec to the store and let technician fix (~$30) or you may try yourself. Give me your e-mail then I send the Jtag instruction.

*** or try this one which was post by LK in one of his thread:
C/P from LK thread

---
U can do this with any receiver( coo*lsat, Ultra, etc..)...the bins and loaders are the only things that will change..the procedures are
all the same..if none of these do work , then U must do a Jtag...BUT U must be persistent when doing these fixes...don't stop at 10-15
attempts..

Fried Pansat fixes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< No power up. No lights at all. Seems like the receiver is dead.

Load up PFL (Pansat Factory Loader 2.1,0,0). Type "key:global" (no quotes) into STB Model. Get Pansat factory bin 222 ready to download.
Turn on receiver (switch on back... bottom side pushed in!)... wait a few seconds... and then click download on your PFL. A download
window will appear, but also will appear to be doing NOTHING. One of two things will happen...

1) You'll get a flash failed message within a few seconds... Stop now. Your computer is not communicating with your stb. (Usually a
hardware problem such as bad cable, or your com port settings are incorrect... but in extreme cases, it's the receiver).

2) Go fix yourself a sandwich. The window will sit there for about 5 minutes doing nothing (most people close the window and give up
thinking it is doing nothing), BUT, a "Burning Chip" window will appear (showing progress). Once the chip is restored, the loader will
then continue by flashing that original 222 bin you wanted to download. (NOTE: When PFL is done with flash... WAIT until seperate "DOWNLOAD
COMPLETE" window appears before closing program or shutting down receiver). Once done, shut your receiver off on the back, and turn it back
on. Ta-Da... LIGHTS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< The dreaded "Night Rider" lights, or an "n" appearing on the front display

This is an easy one. Load up PFL (Pansat Factory Loader 2.1,0,0). Type "key:global" (no quotes) into STB Model. Get Pansat factory bin 222
ready to download. Turn the receiver on and click download after you see the first green light, (if that doesn't work, start again clicking
download at the 2nd green light, if that doesn't work, start again clicking download at the 3rd green light). This should crack the receiver
and download would begin. (Also works for anyone trying to flash the stubborn 2700a receiver for the first time).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<
This one's a little tougher. Using BL 1.4 updater, you must first apply a boot 6.0 file to the receiver.

1. Swtich 2500a unit off in back.
2. Open the Blacklist Updater v1.4
3. Click the button that says "BOOT"
4. Load Boot60.bin in "SELECT BIN" window
4. Turn on back switch
5. On the third light - - - start the download ("WRITE BIN") and let it finish.
6. Turn off pansat backswitch
7. Turn pansat back on
8. Now you should see Knightrider lights - - - - over and over. This is normal.
9. Load the Pansat 2500A_040730_224_api(N).bin in Blacklist Updater v1.4
10 Click the button that says "BIN"
11. Click "WRITE BIN"... let it complete. The reciever will reboot when done.
12 Turn unit off and on again with back switch. Let the pansat boot up all the way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Thien here is my email address bladamsb@hotmail.com, I am able to the receiver to power on and off for right now, my gut feelings telling me this is not enough, tha will need to do a jtag, please advice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
hey Barbara Adams,
Check your e-mail, the package ~4MB has been sent. Good luck :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us