Unable to receive the Guide from BEV with Viewsat Xtm

Bronze Member
Username: Redcore

Post Number: 28
Hi
I put the right time in my receiver and there is a button in the menu where it says receive guide and it says guide not found....all the channels are working fine...anyone knows what could cause this problem

johnny

Bronze Member
Username: Outlooker202

Post Number: 11
Find out which ver u r running. it should be under upgrade reciever or something like that. it should be the 1st line

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I am using the DBPSW-060605B boatloader 0.06 I think it is the latest upgrade,Im am using echostar 4....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Do I need to load a sat file,what exactly does a sat file do?

johnny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
a sat file contains all Transpoder for that particular sat (ie frequency).

Yes you have the lastest software revision.

If you want, i guess u recreate the sat file
delete all transpoder except 12224 and 12239 and do a "scan sat", the guide uses a certain frequency to download the guide (take 2 minutes to complete), I assume your sat file is corrupted in some way

WARNING CHANGING YOUR SAT FILE CAN RESULT IN A COMPLETE WIPEOUT OF YOUR CHANNEL (LIST) [NO CHA ON PANEL]

if that happens you need to rescan all your birds and check ur settings

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hi
I forgot the load the sat file when I loaded the version...newbie first mistake:-)...I just loaded the sat file but still doesnt receive a guide...do you still want me to try your method...do you think it could work

Johnny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
hummm I guess it wasnt a good idea to put that sat file into my viewsat...I am using echostar 4 and now I cant have acess to echo 4 I have nimiq1.3 and nimiq 2.....only these 2 have S and Q my other echo 8.10 used to have s and Q and now no more..

Johnny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
It up to u, I would first save a copy of the sat, cha onto your pc and they try it.

OPTION 1:

Here a known good copy of sat 61,82,91,110,119,129

that is dated 2005-05-01. if you load this configure sat to use whatever disqc port
82,91,110,119,129.sat,application/octet-streamUpload
5-1Viewsat61 (3.2 k)

Option 2:

delete all transpoder except 12224 and 12239 and do a "scan sat",

PLEASE NOTE THAT 119 (E7) may or maynot have 12224 V since that TP is spot beam.

Repeat for all other sat. If you have e9,121 that little different configure sat to use whatever disqc

I assume you know who to re-configure you sat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us