Flash update fail?

Username: Billa

Post Number: 2
hi.i am trying to load a 277t bin in pansat 2700.but every time i'm getting "flash update fail".
plz help me.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1017
Do you have null cable?

Post Number: 4
yes.i got rs232 c.is this the right one?

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1018
There is 2 RS232 right and null. Your box need null.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1019
rs232 straight and null, your receiver use a null cable.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1020
First: Try in dss**tester.com in pansat area, download the Pansat-Clone 2700 272v1 and GT loader,

Post Number: 5
can u plz explain the diffrence.i really don't know.plzzz

Bronze Member
Username: Momenali

Post Number: 73
bin 277t?....r u serious?
That will fry your reciever.
you need to flash it with bin 272

Username: Berlin

California USA

Post Number: 5
If you already have straight RS232 cable, U can buy Null Modem adapter at radioshack, it will convert your straight cable to Null Modem cable.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1022
berlin: the converter its working for your receiver?

Post Number: 6
i got the null cable.but still showing me flash update fail.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1023
Faisal: That error is very common in the recent days. Im still trying to help you. If I find another helpful information, I will post.

Post Number: 7
ok.thnx.i'll wait for ur post

Username: Berlin

California USA

Post Number: 6
Eva : it works for me, but I have to do it with my friend PC, because my PC has bad Com Port.

The bad thing is I flash it with bin for viewsat extreme and wrong satinfo file also, learned from that mistake I flash my second viewsat 2000 with bin 060607A_platinum and it works great.
How to fix that can I upload from it to PC and then flash it back to the bad one

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1024
Faisal: If you still receive the same message, download the Pansat-Clone 2700 272v1 with upload-1133535632-Pansat 2700A GTRom loader v3.35 at dss**tester.com If you still have the same problem change the cable, if you use null try with straight, with some 2700 (clones) models its the straight cable the right cable for you receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 43
[Stop to make a mistake burn out Receiver , I just want to share with... . Credit to thill1951]

Posted by: thill1951 -2005

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and Pansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port # 1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press "download."

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing dashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

Posted by:
Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and Pansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port # 1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press "download."

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Here is how to recover from the "Night Rider" (flashing dashing lights):

1. Try re-flashing the factory boot/flash again using the below directions. That gives you FTA ONLY. Follow the above procedure.

2. Then, when that works use the latest flash to get the scrambled channels.

3. Download a channel list and/or do a channel scan on each sat.

4. When flashing, be sure to wait not only until is says done. But you need to wait until it reboots and actually goes to a channel number.

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 32
Hey Faisal,

If you're not sure what's your type of Pansat 2700 (original or Clone), then I suggest use the BIN 272V1 with the NULL Modem cable, and COM1 works most of the time.
Check the status of your COM port currently connect to the Pansat (some time PC modem reserve the COM, if so either you try the COM3 or disconect your PC modem from COM1).
And please don't tell me that you don't know how to load the BIN. lol

How to load the BIN:
--------------------
- Verify the AUTOROLL (in the Parental Control of the Pansat receiver) if it's ON. It has to be ON.
- Turn the button behind of Pansat receiver to OFF
- Connect the NULL MODEM cable from your PC (COM) to the receiver
- Turn the button behind of Pansat receiver to ON
- Launch the GTRom loader v3.38 (actually the BIN option was set as default)
- Select COM port (default is COM1)
- Select the BIN file (the BIN for 2700 clone "2700 272v1")
- Press Download button
- Wait until it COMPLETE...
- Turn OFF both PC & Receiver, and disconnect the cable
- Turn ON receiver, from Menu -> Parental Control and press the "Set user default" to save the setting
- verify if you able to see any channel, if not from Menu -> Channel edit -> delete all channels, then Menu -> installation -> Blind scan all available SATs which have been set on your receiver.
- Turn off everything including the light in your house and have a sweet dream. The next day, go to buy a brand new receiver....lol (just kidding...discard this line and enjoy...)

P.S.: I did the above steps with my Pansat Clone receiver 2700a (from the outside my Pansat 2700a looks 100% exactly the original that I compared to my friend Pansat 2700a. He bought it 6 months before and he's able to load the BIN 272, but when I tried to load that BIN it fried my receiver. So, I have to revive and reinstall the BIN 272V1 and it works :-))

Post Number: 8
how i'm gonna go in the parental control.because i already delete all channels by restoring the factory settings.
wat i have to do now?plz help

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 284
menu -> installation -> antenna setup -> setup satellite LNB switches port etc -> back to installation -> blind scan satellite which you have. watch tv
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us