Newbie - wants to learn high school

Bronze Member
Username: Qbee

Post Number: 22
As a newbie, I have learned, by reading how to load bins and change keys.
I have my c**sat 4000 pro working now - but not all channels came in when I scanned. They are not scrambled - just not there. Is this because my satellite dish is slighlty mis-aimed?
Also I would appreciate someone explaining DiSeqC Switch to me and Autoroll.
Thanks in advance - please help me.

Bronze Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 55
disq swith is the switch between the dish and the receiver. autoroll is when the receiver is searching for the right key for the audio and video signal so you can see the picture . autoroll automatically searches for the key so you dont have to put it in manually.

Username: Mrkvip

Phnom Penh, Kandal Cambodia

Post Number: 9
Hey, gbee.

go to dsstester*com and

download C**lsat_Pro_Loader 2.4 (for load bin(stb) )

and then download

C**LSAT 4000-NORW 123

Good Luck Guy!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Mrkvip - already did that, and have it working, but thanks for helping.

rsmc - I still don't understand the disq switch. When I look to dish setting>DiSEqC Switch on the c**lsat, I have the options of off, 1.0, 1.0/1.1 etc

Post Number: 10
It mean port from ste Dis to Diseqc in port 1 or 2, or 3 or 4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
power to lnb on
lnb type What ever lnb on your dish
lng freg 11.250
Diseqc 1.0/1.1 or 1.0 witch ever works best for you

committed is the port for witch sat line you have screwed in to. if 110 is in port 1 on your diseqc switch committed is port 1. if 119 is in port 3 on your diseqc switch then committed is port 3

Im guessing i confused you more than i helped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Mrkvip - like you mean when I autodetect the port it says com5?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
rsmc73 - no you helped a lot. Now I understand it is the incoming signal from my 2 dishes and how they are set up - right?
I'm always just guessing as I try to learn this stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I don't know. what does you mean?
whatever, just com1 is the best.
It's up to your computer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
correct just keep messing with the settings untill you find what works best for your setup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
rsmc73 - thanks, I will do that - will this fix the problem I have with only some of the channels coming in when I scan?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
it fixed mine to day i had to put one sat on 1.0/1.1 and the other one on 1.0 it may not fix yours but it did mine

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 14
DiseqC: for lazy , you can call "Switsh Control".
or little lazy for Technical term "Digital satellite Control" :-))) But I think you don't
need to know . It look like a door guard for eaxample if you have 3 satellites 110 & 119& 101 .. . You ask him you want go in 110, he open the 110 door and block 119 & 101 doors and so on ...
But this guy is easy to die . You should tun off power Receiver every time you connect or disconnect cable .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Thanks for the help. I now have all channels running with the 110 DiSeqC set to 1.0/1.1 and the 119 DiSeqC set to 1.0. I never changed these switches, so I don't understand how they got set to off. But who cares why, when I have all working.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
qbee if i helped you. your welcome no thanks needed just glad i could help. And i dont clam to know everything. I just try to help when i can

Username: Rickn3car

Post Number: 10
i am still at it....i have no channels now?
i an on dish settings abd have :
Level IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 81%
Quality II 6%

Is this a dish pointing issue?

also, the best i could ever get was about 1/2 the channels....i have hbos etc, 455, a few ppvs, some off the wall non local network stuff but nothing like b4 ???? any help would be much appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
rsmc
i have signal so disregard prior post it was a storm....

Since I did the 123 norw fix last night the best i could get was about 1/2 the channels i used to have....i have hbos etc, 455, a few ppvs, some off the wall non local network stuff but nothing like b4 ????

i have the Diseq set to 110-1.0 and 119-1.0/1.1...I tried the way qbee did it and no help so i switched it back. I can get good signal showing on 110 under dish settings but on 119 i get no "green" signal at all. i can go down and change the "committed" to 2 on the settings and it gives good signal but i checked 110 and it also shows committed "2" (the same as 119) and when i run it that way i got no channels so i do not know????

i have a 500 dish and dual lnb with one cable coming from it and that is it???? what do i need to do? we are hitting 110 and 119 with the dish so i do not jnow....any help would be much appreciated

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 20
Rickweaver,

The reason is : 1 LNB (dual LNB)you only have 1 satellite .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Since I did the 123 norw fix last night the best i could get was about 1/2 the channels i used to have....i have hbos etc, 455, a few ppvs, some off the wall non local network stuff but nothing like b4 ????

i have the Diseq set to 110-1.0 and 119-1.0/1.1...I tried the way qbee did it and no help so i switched it back. I can get good signal showing on 110 under dish settings but on 119 i get no "green" signal at all. i can go down and change the "committed" to 2 on the settings and it gives good signal but i checked 110 and it also shows committed "2" (the same as 119) and when i run it that way i got no channels so i do not know????

i have a 500 dish and dual lnb with one cable coming from it and that is it???? what do i need to do? we are hitting 110 and 119 with the dish so i do not know....any help would be much appreciated

how do i fix the lnb...i have dual with line coming from it..do i add another line to the other lnb hub and then back into a dishnet splitter

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 25
So, before solve problem, must know first,

How many LNB do you have ?
(miss information here !!!)?

Of course "dual" is two . but, Sometime
terminology term using makes people confusing!

Recall LK posted (using for LNB),

Dual LNB is one LNB
Dual Twin LNB is 2 LNB

I Think, easy way to know: Dual Twin LNB have 2 eyes (2 circles) or dual LNB 1 eye (1 circle) :-)) )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have dual lnb...2 eyes...only one cable connected from dual lnb to colsat

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Are you auto or blind scanning?
Your Diseq might not be the same as mine - try reversing the settings for 110/119.
Maybe??? I don't know what I am talking about - I just get lucky sometimes and my stb works well.

Bronze Member
Username: Electro99

Post Number: 60
ok rick im gona try to help you nedd dish 500 that is two lnbs dish and go to dish seting set up 110 echo for disec1.0 commited 1 then119 echo for disec 1.0 commited 2 ......
it has to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok
i did that...(i have a 500 and a dish 500 2 lnbs)
i am in dish settings and it is just like you have i still get scramble channel on about 1/2 of my channels...i still get hbos some ppv etc...
what gives?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
PS
I did notice when i went back and looked at the 119 under dish settings where i checked the doseq 1.0 and committed as 2, to the right of the screen where it has the
1-2-3-4 box that goes to the sat receiver etc...right above that it says "EchcoStar 110 west".

i did not do auto scan etc when trying to get channels back should i?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
ok try from beginnig ok ???set up your dish and reciver before you gona make auto scan only!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
-i have (at last check i had the dish pointed correctly) any way to check with receiver?

-right now i have the settings back to
119 diseq 1.0 committed 1
ans 110 diseq 1.0 committed 2.....this is different than above but when i changed it to what you had i lost most channels hbo etc all gone....so put it back to 110 diseq 1.0 committed 2 and 119 diseq 1.0 committed 1...

NOW do you want me to change it back to 119/1.0/committed 2 and 110/1.0/committed 1

then do auto scan?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Wait a minute - you have the channels showing - but they're scrambled?
I thought they were missing. I think is 2 different problems. (but I am not smart)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I have (at last check i had the dish pointed correctly) any way to check with receiver?

-right now i have the settings back to
119 diseq 1.0 committed 1
ans 110 diseq 1.0 committed 2.....this is different than above but when i changed it to what you had i lost most channels hbo etc all gone....so put it back to 110 diseq 1.0 committed 2 and 119 diseq 1.0 committed 1...

NOW do you want me to change it back to 119/1.0/committed 2 and 110/1.0/committed 1

then do auto scan?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
If you go to dish setting and all looks nice and green with high %'s at bottom, your 110 & 119 should scan OK
I did a blind scan to bring in the stragglers. Then I made sure the installation>options>sort by SID after scan was on. I also did an auto scan - probably an inefficient way of doing it. When I finally had all channels, I just deleted redunant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
s..t man i try too help that is alllllllll
110 echostar 6,8 that is echo star 110 west
disec 1.0 commited 1 egacy off!!!!!!!!!!!
119 echostar 7 that is echo star 119 west
disec 1.0 commmited 2 legacy off !!!!!!!!!maybe your dish is not in righr position???????????????
i'm just trying to help!!!!!!!!!!!111

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
electropunk
did I give bad advice? If I did I am very sorry ... but it worked for me ... all is working like it was a Charlie original.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
lol it is working or not gbee!???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
thanks ---
u r right ---it has to be the dish---
just checked it and 110 hits it and 119 does not---to wet to go pointing 2nite...thanks again for the help---everything else is perfect

the only thing that has changed since it last played properly was the blooms of the neighbors foliage right in the dishes site line!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thanks elect and gb...u were both right on the mark and very helpful. the da*mned trees in the way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
lol tell me when its gona work fine maN
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 26
you said:
" did notice when i went back and looked at the 119 under dish settings where i checked the doseq 1.0 and committed as 2, to the right of the screen where it has the
1-2-3-4 box that goes to the sat receiver etc...right above that it says "EchcoStar 110 west". "

you said, you look at 119 but setup display 110.
That means a dish is only see 1 satellite 110 .

I think you should go back to do from a beginning. when do a LNB set up make sure satellite you want to get have to have
display on top right .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
TOP RIGHT!!!

Username: Dixon_butz

New york, New york United states

Post Number: 4
I've had a gut full of those people who go out and buy trees and plant them right in front of your satellite dishes. It has happened to me. I used a chainsaw when they were at work. When they got home i told them i was asleep all day but woke up when i heard the chainsaw. Just remember hearing timber then i fell back to sleep.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Dixon
You are bad. I live on 3 acres in a forest and like it here. Learn to aim through a small hole and enjoy both TV and nature.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us