FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA

Username: Nick_canada

Post Number: 2
Hi Guys,
I tried all bin files available for FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA and none is working!!!
Did any of you have a working bin file?

Thanks in advance.
Nick

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 797
And the problem after run the bin was?

Post Number: 3
Black screen.

Post Number: 4
Any one updated the FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA successfully?

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 16
I have flashed bin 277T by Chancysand that was released on June 10, 2006 and my Fortec Lifetime Ultra is working perfectly fine. By the way, there is World Cup Soccer schedule as well that you can view from the main menu by pressing "i" button on the remote.This is the first time I have flashed my receiver on my own and it was quite successful.The bin that I had previously was 100t and the new bin 277t is a lot better comprising of more options.

Post Number: 6
Would you please guide me from where to get the Chancys and the bin 277T (The url for these files).

Thanks ikn advance.

Nick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Here's the link for the bin:

http://s1.upload.sc/request/a594ea26021a25089fdf46ecd3d0a66e

Username: Nishanthhs

wher can i get to download the uploader to put the bin on the receiver,and can i use null modem cable for it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
If you have fortec lifetime ultra then you definitely have to use straight through 9 pin serial cable.Otherwise, you'll not be able to flash the software.However, if you're planning to flash it from another receiver than you can use a null modem cable.You can download the loader from the following website.LInk for the BL Updater 1.4
http://www.dsscommunity*com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8000

remove the * with a dot . By the way, you have to register before you can download from that website.

Link for the Fortec Lifetime Ultra bin (277T by Chancysand): http://s1.upload.sc/request/a594ea26021a25089fdf46ecd3d0a66e

Post Number: 7
I downloaded the file using BL Updater 1.4 but did not work. I am getting BLack Screen.
Please help..
My receiver is Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.

Thanks.

Username: Itguy

Post Number: 1
I have a fortec life time classic NA, I have downloaded the bin file from dsstester*com but it keeps on saying 'Plese wait while code being updated.......;
Anyone here with a working classic NA? Please help.

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 824
I mean do you download the right bin for you not clon receiver. Check these steps:For ALL Pansats....

Things you will need!
1.A computer with a com port!
2.The right cable to connect to your computer to your receiver!
3.The most recently LOADER
4.New pansat bin!..
5.LNB setup and the right switch!
6.Sat Signal at 70 percent or higher!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
1.Power down receiver and computer!
2.Connect receiver to computer and power both of them up!
3.Start up gtrom newest version and select the new bin file you wish to upload then click download wait until it is finished it will go to a 100 percent but it is not finish until it displays burn complete or finished!
4.Turn off power to receiver and computer and remove the cable from the receiver!
5.Install cable from the lnb and the cable from the tv and the plug it up and power up the receiver!
6.Using your remote hit menu and the parent control then ok in second pin enter 0000 and then ok!
7.Then set default key..EMU-ON then ok!
8.Go to Nagavision2 then ok and check 00 and 01 keys. Put in new keys if need then hit ok to save!
9.Now installation then ok antenna setup then ok make sure you have 110 and 119 and check to make sure the switch is set right for both on the diseqc setting! If 110 is on 1 and 119 is on 2, set diseqc the same way!
10.Now go to blind scan and hit ok!
11.When finished exit menu and watch tv!

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 825
Nick turn off in your back button, wait three minutes and turn on again.

Post Number: 8
Thank you very much for all of you for your time and efforts.
Unfortunately still it is not working for:
Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.

I am using the X-85BL_060610_277T_au_api_.bin

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Post Number: 9
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the Blacklist Updater.exe.

Thanks.

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 838
Nick:
c/p Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing: loading a bin..

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird, Pansat 2700/3500 and some other receivers use null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working SERIAL port, you must install one or use a computer that has one. Usb ports do NOT usually work, except on rare ocassions with an adapter.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. Most Blackist updaters do Not require this.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the BACK switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Timing is critical and many vary.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 839
Fortec Files » Al7bar FTA Ultra 050520 272 api(NTSC).zip
Fortec Ultra Factory Flash http://www.dss***tester.com/files.php?cat=16&cmd=all&sort=&order=&page=7

Bronze Member
Username: Mrkvip

Phnom Penh, Kandal Cambodia

Post Number: 13
Please Help!!!!!!!!1

Hey Eva Diaz , LK or anyone

Do you have new bin for Fortec star Lifetime Ultra JTAG?

Thanks.

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 848
Mrkvip:
http://www.dss***tester.com/search.php?query=Jtag&page=1
p.s. remove ***

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3201
Question makes no sense..

there is a Fortec Star...old Fortec Lifetime...Fortec Lifetime Ultra....but these are 3 different receivers...and U can Jtag a Fortec receiver....but all the words together make no sense!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I mean, I need new Bin that can use Jtag.

I try use bin and upload on dsstester*com

but it is not working for me.

Thanks for reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 3203
still making no sense!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Hey, LK

I don't know.

Did you see this bin befor or not

X-85CS_060318_273T_GC_DN_BEV_RTN_TVE_4sec_api(N)-Full Jtag

This bin use for Jtag cable (Fortec Lifetime Ultra)

and This bin

X-85CS_060318_273T_GC_DN_BEV_RTN_TVE_4sec_api(N)

use for RS232

Thanks.

Username: Anchu

Post Number: 7
Hi funkmo, in order to download do i need straight through 9 pin serial cable?? in my computer i have only extra usb connectors, so how i can download files, i am really new to this environment can you please help me to fix my sattelite, also do i have to change my dish directions??? i am watching only indian channels, like suntv, ktv, gemini...

i wanted to watch only indian channels, i have black screen now, but i could see in my tv screen display that what programs are running on..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3218
kvip...Thats just a regular clone safe bin used to watch TV...not jtag!...its now been replaced by 277T bin, which is explained here 10,000 posts!!...and its ONLY good for a Fortec Ultra receiver, no other fortecs..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks, LK

I have another question.

How do you know which one is clone?

Thanks

Username: Lada

Montreal, QC Canada

What is min "Use the appropriate loader"?
And where can i get a loader to upload files to my fortec life time ultra?
Thanks

Username: Senoner

where can i find a straight through cable, i only have a cross over 9 pin cable and i tried it on my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and it didnt work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3226
radio shack or DSS sites, like sadoun.com..they sell adapters to

Silver Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 853
NULL MODEM CABLE
Specially designed cable that allows a user to upgrade
o Cooltec
o Coo*lsat
o Pansat 2700
o Viewsat
o Dreambox 500
o Dreambox 7020

STRAIGHT CABLE
Specially designed cable that allows a user to upgrade
o Pansat 1500/2300/2500
o Fortec Lifetime/Ultra
o Pantec

Bronze Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 26
please guys can u tell me where to find the uploader file for fortec classic and step step by instruction for uploading the new file i am going to do it the first time so please help

Post Number: 9
HI LK and Eva ,is sattelite direction is different from last week, becos my sattelite wasn't work from last 2 weeks, i ddin't do anything after that, so if i buy the cable and down the bin from http://s1.upload.sc/request/a594ea26021a25089fdf46ecd3d0a66e this site it will work or i still have to change the directions ??? i want to watch like indian channels suntv,ktv, gemini tv ...
thankx in Advance

Username: Maxtrep2

nick did you factory restore your receiver before loading the bin, and after loading the bindid you put the keys and performed a blind scan sat selection etc. . i am using the bin you mention and is working.i am usig a bl stb updater 1.3

Username: Rooms

My Lifetime Ultra has gone completly dead after usinf the file from http://s1.upload.sc/request/a594ea26021a25089fdf46ecd3d0a66e
I dont have any power coming on when I switch it on or off. Can anyone tell me what happened?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us