Recording using a Cablecard

Bronze Member
Username: Nina96

Post Number: 17
Cableguy,
You stated that the current versions of cable card tv's don't have audio/video outputs, so there is no way to record from them. My Sharp tv has tvguide built into it and has audio/video outputs. Will that enable me to record to my DVD recorder using a cablecard instead of a box? Are those audio/video outputs to be used solely for using the built-in tv guide on the tv?Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 766
Bridget~ Since the market is always changing, I thank you for pointing out that at least Sharp has monitor outputs. This indicates you should be able to output from your TV to another device which should allow you to connect to your VCR or DVD recorder and record what is showing on your TV while you record. I would caution that anything that has copy protection enabled would more then likely not allow you to record per industry specifications, but you can also contact Sharp and get clarification on what the proceedure is for recording from the TV and what will be recordable. Thank you for providing the picture, it helps when trying to figure out what can and can't be done. Not all brands have this option, and some of the earlier models didn't have this feature so it's nice to see they are at least attempting to correct that over-sight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us