Samsung 42" DLP-HDTV.....sound issues

Username: Bp37587

Post Number: 1
I've had the above TV since December (new) and have regular cable hooked up to it (no digital yet) and it's worked great until this week and now the sound keeps cutting in and out. Others with the same cable provider aren't having cable sound issues so it doesn't appear to be the provider. If I change channels the sound comes back (??). Or if I play a DVD there are no issues. Sound problem happens with both the TV audio output and the surround sound output. Not sure why changing the channel seems to bring the sound back?? What could be causing this, is there likely something wrong with my TV? Because why would it only start now after 4 months if it's a cable line, etc., issue? BTW, it cuts out for anywhere from 3 seconds to 10 seconds, sometimes 8-10 times in an hour, then won't do it for two hours, very sporadic.

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 13
How does your pictures look when the audio drops out? Do they go snowy, or show any signs of impairment?

Do you have another tv that you could temporarily move to this outlet for test purposes? If so, and it didn't have the same result, you'd know it was the tv.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 15
Have you tried using a different cable? Perhaps the cable your using is defective. At a minimal I would invest in some component cables. Just because others aren't having sound issues doesn't mean it's not a cable issue. You could have a more localized cable problem. And lastly, you could have a bad input, switching to another input would fix that.

Good Luck!!

Keith
Http://www.eHDMI.com

Username: Bp37587

Post Number: 2
Hi Wanabtech and Kenneth and thanks for your posts! To answer your questions:

- the picture doesn't change at all, the only change I get in the entire unit is the sound cutting in and out
- re the cable, here's my setup...the cable goes from the wall into the VCR then out of the VCR and into the surround sound unit then out of the surround sound unit and into the TV. I know, confusing! I know the cable from the wall to the VCR is good because if I record during these sound outages then play back, the sound is actually there so the problem is either between the VCR into the surround or from the SS to the TV (although I doubt the latter or the DVD's would be cutting out, and they aren't). I will try replacing the cable from the VCR to the SS and see if it changes; if not, I will repost :-)

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 14
I would suggest going straight from the wall directly to the tv. If this proves ok, reconnect 1 item at a time to you find the offending item.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us