DirectTV/HD/Local Channels/DVR

Username: Donking

Plano, TX USA

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Pioneer 42" HD Plasma TV. I have Direct TV service. I spoke to DirectTV about the availability date for the DVR that will bring in local channels in HD without the need for the external antenna.Last month I was told "the first 1/2 of 2006". Today they told me "no date is available".
Does anybody out there have any inside information on when this will be available? I want to enjoy my new investment, but I don't want to go the expense and trouble of putting up an external antenna only to have the DVR come to market a month or two later.

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 60
A DVR will have no effect on your local channels. You either qualify for waivers or you don't. That is up to each of your individual broadcast stations not DTV. Put up the antenna.

xvxvxvx

Plano, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Hey Scooby,
Perhaps I wasn't clear. Today DTV offers a HDDVR/STB that brings in all (that are broadcast in HD) but the local channels in HD. They had said that they were months away from the HDDVR/STB that would incorporate local channels in HD without the need for a separate antenna. Today they told me they had no date for the device. Is this any clearer?

Regards,

Bronze Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 63
I understood your question Donald but that doesn't change anything. As I wrote above in different words: They are misleading you. They do not have the authority to enable your local channels (HD or otherwise) unless you already have local waivers.

xvxvxvx

Plano, TX USA

Post Number: 3
And, what are local waivers? Also, which is better - component (R,G,B) or HDMI?

Thanks,

Bronze Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 66
Local Waivers, see my first response to your initial post above. Better, it has been discussed for several years now. What is better strawberry or choclate ice cream? It is a matter of what looks better to you.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us