How to tune in 110 & 119 with a d** receiver?

Username: Sideswipe

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,
Got a few questions, if you would be so kind. Trying to do the poormans setup .Before I get my viewstat, I wanted to get my dish setup. Im confused. I'm trying to use my dss receiver to find the sats. when i go to my setup under dishpointing (on my dss receiver), It ask what dish you are using. Either round or oval. I pick round. when i then go to the signal strengh meter, it just shows sat 101. Hmm. If I go back and pick oval dish, the signal screen it then gives you two choices, 101 and 110/119. the 110/119 are together. I don't know which sat I'm trying to tune in. Can someone walkme through this using a dss receiver? Also I believe I have to set the tp's properly. I have a dss receiver and tv on the roof with me. Am using a short cable going from the receiver to the lnb's. no switch involved yet. appreciate any help!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1703
so U have an unknown dish with unknown LNB's , trying to aim at unknown satellites, using an unidentified reciever..good luck!

hey just plug in your viewsat, and everything will work fine...its plug n play!...no need to go to another DSS forums and read the Guides and Manuals...there are none here, cause U don't need them..

Username: Sideswipe

Post Number: 2
Lk,
Sorry here is more info. gots a 18" dss dish. Trying to pickup sats 110 and 119. Using a direct tv receiver. Can I use this receiver to find these sats doing the poormans setup? thanks for any info :-)

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1705
go to another DSS forums and read the Guides and Manuals...there are none here!

dsstester.co*m
hashhu.c*om
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us