Newbie SuperDish Help - Panstat 3500 or Viewstat Platinum?

Username: Jzipk

Post Number: 1
Ok - I am new to the whole FTA deal.

And just found out that by keeping by current subscription to Dish Network, and using my SuperDish, with the DP34 switch installed, I can use FTA on one of the rooms which is connected to the DP34 switch, without changing anything, since I'm already setup.

I already have a DVR 522 from Dish Network which I am keeping with my subscription, just need another receiver to use it for FTA to open up the Dish Network Channels

Now my question is what is the best receiver for all Dish Network channels (american-international-ppv) and what has the best support.

It seems like Panstat 3500SD and Viewstat Platinum are the key winners.

But like someone mentioned it all depends on the best support I guess, Viewstat has the best.

But recently I read the Viewstat Plat has problems with SuperDish and DP34 switch, that its a hassle. I want something that will out of the box, since I dont want to go the Nagra2 route either.

Now Panstat 3500SD has the SD card which is awesome, but I read about the killer bins that is a issue.

I don't know what info is 100% correct or not, initially someone told me that I cannot use a FTA receiver on same switch as I have Dish Network connection, but then other ppl told me as long as its a DP34 swithc, etc. it will be fine.

Then I had my heart set on Viewstat Plat, even though I dont have a serial port, would need a converter, then I find out Viewstat has trouble with SuperDish and DP34 switch, then I fuond out Panstat works best.

Now, which way do I go? Is Panstat 3500SD the winner in my case?

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Paint

Post Number: 15
Even with subscription you still have to flash receiver, still have to decode signal. Pans*t has best support. I use 3500 and the sd card is great.

Post Number: 2
Yes, I am fine with modifying the receiver to work, but will it work with the current setup I have, by just plugging it in another room with coaxial cable that connects to the DP34 switch - Super Dish.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1704
There are many plug N play receivers now...just ask the newbies , they all know!

and if u read that there were problems about Suerdish and DP 34 , then U should have posted where u read it!...Not here!...common sense!

and if no SERIAL port, then U never going to load any receiver...unless U use the Pansat3500 with SD card...and even then, there mightbe times u need a cable and serial port...usb ports and adapters rarely work!

Post Number: 3
LK - I read on dsstester, al7bar, and satemeporium, I believe. I landed to this forum by searching for best receiver for superdish, and another member had the same type question, but no follow ups were posted that led to a conclusion.

I have a serial port on laptop, and I guess I can get the usb to serial adapter. But I want to decide which is best for me for my setup.

The viewstat platinum or Panstat 3500sd.

FYI - I have Dish Netwokr subscribed DVR 522 connected to the DP34, so I guess it will have enough power to work either FTA receiver.

thanks again.

Post Number: 4
I've gone ahead and bought Viewstat Platinum for $138 shipped - even though I have to figure out serial to usb -- what made the decision for me was the threads i read about blacklist bins that kill clone but some have killed the original receivers.

Thanks for help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us