Ellptical Dish With 2 Dual LNB's for 101 110 119

Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 6
Looking for LK'S great Dual lnb rig, I found an Ellptical dish with 2 dual lnb's. A great deal at a second hand store for $30. WOW ! All cables and connections but the back mounting bracket. Not the one that mounts to the back of the dish the one that mounts to the pole or the bracket that supports the dish. Ya know what I mean ? Can I canabolize my single dave dishs back bracket or what ? Thanks and keep your eyes open to the great deals at the second
hand store.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1656
U can do anything U want to mount the bracket to the mast/pole...I'm sure U can figure something out...U can sometimes get great deals at hashhu in their "for sale" area too , on dish and bracket..

Or u can use your single Dave old dish and add another LNB to it...poormans dish..

also check this out..
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/satellite-Dish-mounts.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
BTW...U cannot get 101-110-119 with 2 Dual LNB's..Dual LNB receives ONLY 1 satellite signal but can be cabled to 2 receivers....so 2 Duals LNB's means 2 satellites MAX to 2 receivers..and if what U found has 3 LNB's then its a phase 3 triple LND dish by Dave, and its a nightmare to align..forget it!

Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 2
FOund two dishes, 18" and 24", brackets and LNBS and cables in a shopping cart abandoned in a shopping mall one sunday morning. They work great .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1659
Dumpster diving for breakfast again huh!.....LOL...joking...I myself have thrown away many good dishes in the past into dumpsters....as I am a neat freak and don't like clutter..and I have found other dishes in the dumpster when throwing mine away..Florida is loaded with dishes everywhere..Nobody here subscribes to cable!

Post Number: 8
I have the ellptical dish now and it is bigger 24x18, and from what I read bigger is better. Would the signal quality greatly improve with this dish ? Some channels are at 98%-94% while others are only at 69-70% with 18" just barely able to watch, will the bigger dish help ? On the new dish, 2 dual LNB's are now in the 119 and 101 position leaving a void in the middle ( third ) 110 position. A = 101 B=119 C=110 empty. the old 18" dave is mounted and ready to go but the new one is sitting here wondering what to do ? Any Ideas ? I still have not hit 119 I'm only on 110.......Thanks !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1668
that is considered a small dish...only 1 size smaller, the 18....no difference between the signals in either....a medium dish is 33 inches..I suggest U use the 18 inch with a poormans dish..

Upload

Upload

Post Number: 9
LK, the new Ellptical dish looks cool and I hate to just chuck it and hack off the LNB's, I'd like to make it work but your advice can't be ignored. Thanks..... YOU are KING of FTA !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1671
If its a simple 2 LNB oval dish (never heard of empty LNB spot in middle), then TEST it...try to align the 101 LNB to 110 (adjust very little to right)...nothing to lose..what the hell is $30...not even a tank of gas..U can make anything work, if U are patient and persistent..

Post Number: 10
I just now went out and messed with it I found a cap over the center that said pull, So I pulled and it revieled the center connecttion (male) for the center LNB, Missing. when I dug a little deeper I found that all 3 LNB'S are connected. 1 idea I had was to use the old 18" dave pull off it's single LNB remount the dual LNB''s to the arm but, I can't skew it like your great diagram above. How could I or can I dial in 110 and 119 at the same time with this set up ....Thanks !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1675
Like I said earlier...if its a triple LNB (phase 3) by DTV,,,throw it in the dumpster!

"and if what U found has 3 LNB's then its a phase 3 triple LND dish by Dave, and its a nightmare to align..forget it!"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
OK LK will do, Thanks and I apreciate your help...... Tina
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us