Pansat 3500 missing channels

Username: The_don

Post Number: 5
hello i got the pansat 3500, and i finally figured out how to install the bins and all that, but when i flip through channels, i realize that not all the channels are there that were on dishnet, such as mtv, all the hbo english channels, and many more, can someone guide me as to where the problem is

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1617
Disconnect any switches and do a blind scan, then sat and TP scans..or U have poor dish alignment and cannot get weaker signals..

Post Number: 6
i have good signal
but the thing is some transponders give me 0 quality

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
poor alignment, bad connections..and some TP's are 0..do some scans first!

Changing TP's are happening again.

Noticed that some PPV channels were not showing up with programming in the EPG, ie 514, 515 on Echo 8.6, and sure enough, they were blank channels

Solutions (saved the best for last. - do what works for you!!):

First try turning the receiver off and on, using the switch at the back, not the remote. This re-sets the computer - quick remedy, just in case it's not a TP changing problem.

If that does not work, then:

Use an updated channel list

If none is available, which is what I expect to be the case, then you have these options:

Nuke all channels and Blind scan the sat(s) again.

Blind Scan Polarity should be Vertical ONLY for DishPro LNB's

Note: On the missing or blank channel, press the OK button. At the bottom of the pop up screen you will see the sat and the frequency for that channel. Make a note of it.

Now, go into the TP Scan, TP selections.

You will note that the EXACT frequency for the missing channel is NOT listed. It's close, but no cigar. Therefor a normal TP scan will MISS the channels.

The TP scan will not find the changes because the frequency is not that of the listed TP frequency, It's just a bit off and that means the channels will be missed during a TP scan

Setting Default keys again, will also NOT bring in the TP changes.

Hint: every time I scan, I start with a different sat and save to SD after each sat scan. This way, I can choose the 119 and 61 combo as the starter CH load and just scan 110. Saves time in the long run. Just remember to delete any old saved combos that includes the newly updated sat.

BUT THERE ALSO IS AN EASIER WAY!! - WITHOUT NUKING CHANNELS!!

First, on the channel that says no signal, hit the OK button and write down the frequency of the changed TP and which sat it is on

. ie: TP 12600, sat echo 8.6

Go to installation menu and choose Advanced Scan

In the top row, manually enter 12600 as the frequency

Go down below and highlight Video PID

Press OK, wait for scan to finish, some 16 channels will show up in the above example, exit to programming and all will be fine

Now this is the long read to the solution, LOL, but it's gonna take you a lot less time to read and do it than it took for me to try and discover all these solutions - so that I may guide you to which way is best - and hopefully, you've learned something along the way

Post Number: 7
LK

the thing that happens is i cant access the missing channels. i.e. when i type in channel 502 for example nothing happens it just stays at the channel that i am viewing... and all the HBO channels are not showing up at all but the EPG is showing the programming and one more thing, the channels are all (doubled)their is two of every channel like 512 twice and so on and so forth.... do u think maybe i should reload the program again or how do i go about in solvign this problem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1629
I cannot help U anymore..I have given U the solutions...its over your head...U do NOT comprehend..

Post Number: 8
okk, i hooked the dishes to my dishnet reciever, i noticed that both dishes were pointing at 110, sry, but i dunno if thats suppose to be correct, a lot of the 119 vertical transponders are 0 quality, i have 86 signal, and almost all of the other tps, as really high quality, is this normal to have a lot of the vertical ones as zero....

thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us