Is this Wide open ? LK glad your back !

Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 1
I have a C*ol sat 4 p, with this box you only get what ? 100 channels? what about cnn, Mtv, hgtv, usa, discovery, speed vision, vh1 and many others. Are different boxes like Pansat flashed ( Programed) with these networks? Do I have to buy 2 or 3 different boxes to get cnn, vh1, mtv ? Please help thanks !

Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 4
those channels are on echo 7 (119) need to scan that sat

Post Number: 2
I scaned all sats, it seems as if I'm olnly getting 1 feed all the same channels. I got 1 lnb dave dish cool 4 p but still can't get cnn, usa, discovery, hgtv, a&e , lifetime, etc. on 119 I get 94-97% signal with TP of 12239 (L) In the Menu I scan Echo 7 @ 119 but then in the upper right corner it says echostar 110 West how close am I to the other bird ? or what am I doing wrong, what can a girl do...... any Ideas ? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1569
U are aimed at the 110 satellite...for the 119 satellite move the LNB about an inch to the left and down about 1-2 inches...as U face the front of the dish..

Post Number: 3
Thanks LK, I'll give it a try, However, what about all the other channels ? CNN, USA, PPV, MTV, E, etc...do 110 and 119 have about the same stuff ? I have moved the dish around and have not had much luck. Will I need a dish motor?, another lnb, dish, or what to hit 110 and 119 at the same time. what would you suggest ? and yes I have been reading for over a year and I don't expect to be spoon fed... Thanks to ALL !

Username: Paint

Post Number: 7
Tina, not as knowledgeable as LK but here are links to lyngsat so you can compare sats and don't endorse other link but it will give you idea of lower end dishes.

http://www.lyngsat.cm/packages/dish119_sid.html

http://www.lyngsat.cm/packages/dish110_sid.html

http://www.thesatelliteshop.n*t/hypercart/category.asp?category=108

Gold Member

Post Number: 1609
I suggesy U buy another single or Dual LNB ($20)and tie up to the 110 and then get both 110-119...Poorman's dish...

Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the 110 & 119 sats and consequently 457 FREE channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull 457 channels for your NEW FTA receiver!

Hint: I also use wire tie or string around the lnb horns to draw them together and focus on center=better quality

Upload

Upload

Post Number: 4
WOW LK YOU are King, you are the guru of FTA. That is one of the coolest rigs I've ever seen. Did you ever pull something like that off in the jungles of Nam ? Now all I need to do is figure out how to work the diseqc Switch....... Thanks to all FTA forever !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
disque switch ...plug 119 into #1 and 110 #2, then output from disque to receiver..then configure receiver same (119/Echo 7-disue #1, 110/echo 8.6-disue #2)...thanks to M Lee for the pic..

menu-installation-

Upload

Post Number: 5
Thanks everybody, when I get some time I'll give it a try..... Tina
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us