PROBLEM - Diseq switch or Receiver.

Username: Plutoman

Post Number: 5
hi buds,
I have a pansat 2500a hooked up to four dishes with a diseq sitch. 110, 119 , 121 & 97. All were workinf fine. couple of days ago i couldn't get signals from 110.i switched the ports of 97 and 110, now i couldn't get any signals from 97. so i decided the port became faulty and i bought another Diseq switch and connected all four dishes. Still one port dosen't work. i am getting signals from three dishes without problems. Could any body have any explanation for this? please help.

plutoman.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1484
Sounds like U didn't change the receiver settings when U changed the disque switch out....check the settings again..and never touch disque switch with any power ON, or U could blow the 2nd switch...its definitely either the receiver settings or the new disque is bad already..

Post Number: 7
LK, thanks for the reply. I changed the receiver settings after i changed the diseq switch. But i think my mistake was , i changed the diseq switch with the receiver power ON. So i think i have blown the new switch. I will try another switch with power off and post the result.

plutoman.

Post Number: 8
hi buds,
how do i connect 5 lnbs to a receiver. what type of switches i should use . Can i use two diseq switches for that. i am planning to connect 3 lnbs to one diseq switch and the 4 th and 5 th lnbs to another diseq switch. then from the 'to receiver' port of the second diseq switch to the fourth port of the first diseq swith. Is this the right way to do it ? or is it going to fry my receiver. i have a pansat 2500. any information on this wii be much appreciated.

thanks,
Plutoman.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1532
U need 2 disque switches and 1 sw22 khz switch..can do 8 LNB's if U want

run 4 LNBs into 1 disque...
cable other 2 LNB's into other disque switch
now run each Output cable from EACH disque switches into the sw22
run output cable from the sw22 to your receiver

Post Number: 9
thank you LK, You are a sat encyclopedia.

plutoman.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us