Comcast, Motorola & Panasonic

Username: Tsn

Post Number: 1
Some assistance please...

The problem: Watching a digital channels (such as HBO) I experience picture freeze. He picture freezes (like some pushed pause while watching a movie) for an average of 20 seconds every now and then. TV could be on for 15 minutes or 2 hours when it happens. Can not pin it down to time of day, temperature, or the amount of time TV is on. Very random.

The components: Comcast (my digital signal provider), Motorola cable card, Panasonic TV Model No. TH-42XVS30 & Panasonic Digital Media Receiver Model No. TU-PT700U

The fixes tried: Latest firmware update from Panasonic installed. 4 Comcast technician visits looking for bad cables, a bad splitter, weak signal, feedback from other TV's (nothing found). A total TV reset as directed by Panasonic tech. support. Monitored FAT Status while freeze occurred, signal held at 35dB.

Suggestions PLEASE!!!

Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 124
My Comcast HD Motorola box has the same problem. When I switch to watch the channel on analog signal I see bursts of interference (white interference sections,much like when lightning strikes) on multiple TVs (not just the HD TV). I have narrowed it down to interference near the cable line or coming down the cable signal from Comcast.
My guess is that the interference is enough to stop the flow of 1s and 0s to the decoder box. A few seconds later it is able to sink back up. Don't have a solution yet. Anyone else have an idea??

Username: Indbiz

Post Number: 4
looks like you have a grounding problem on the TV. Call and complain. See if they will offer software upgrade or hardware fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us