Comcast HD Question

Username: Jdpitt05

Post Number: 1
Ok if I get a HDTV with a built in tuner and a comcast digital cable box...is that all I need to get HD? Or would I have to pay a monthly fee for their HD box?

fx
Unregistered guest
Call Comcast, remarkably they will be able to answer your question.

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

You need the HD capable box to receive the HD signal. As I recall it was just a few bucks to go from the Digital Box to the HD box. I actually went to one of their service locations and switched my digital box for the hd box.

Brownbagger
Unregistered guest
You might be able to forego the cable card box and get a CableCard if it's available by your cable provider and if your TV is HDTV cable card ready. Your provider might rent you the cable card for a nominal monthly fee of 1.50 to 2.00 a month.

Call your cable company first... most major markets in the larger cities now offer, service and install it. The picture on HDTV on CableCard is amazing, far better than what you can get on a cable box. Getting them to work properly initially is anothe story at times, but is getting better.

Bronze Member
Username: Sailbyte

Post Number: 54
For the past 2 days I have been unable to get digital sound on ABC or CBS Comcast HD channels. I get digital sound (optical cable connection from my DVR to receiver) on all other HD & digital channels. I can also get regular sound (left/right stero) on the ABC & CBS channels.

Calling Comcast has been no help (and for some reason they can't confirm that ABC & CBS are even producting HD Digital sound).

Any suggestions or ideas as to what the problem might be?

Username: Cablguyri

Post Number: 4
We have seen this problem in our system, where the broadcast station was having a problem with the HD transmission. It could be broadcast related. Here, we can have a headend tech monitor the feed to see if it happens there. You may want to bug Comcast a little more, even though they might not be able to fix it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us