CoolS@t 4000 Help

Bronze Member
Username: 111283

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 18
Tried looking for an answer to my question, but can't find it anywhere else on the site.

I have a Cools@t 4000, I loaded new software 060216]COOLSAT4000_NORW_119.zip and did a scan of both satellites. I get the same channels on both satellites and have only half of what i used to have.

Anybody know where on this site I can find proper instructions for the set-up or have a solution to my problem ?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 855
Loading your Coo*lsat4000+ and Pro
Downloading Firmware
CoolSatPro uses a Straight thru cable Like (pansat) the Coo*lSat4000 does NOT ! it uses a twisted Null Modem cable RS 232 !

Make sure STB is connected to the computer using Right Cable for your receiver !!

1. Turn STB power ON
2. Open STBTOOL.exe application icon
3. STBTOOL v1.5 screen appear. Firmware page and Download buttom will be selected which is preset
4. Browse and locate COO*LSAT4000_124_20050331.stb and Open it
5. Click Auto Detect buttom to verify your computer COM port then click Exit
6. Click Connect then Start. It will take about 1 minute
DO not interupt until download is completed
7. Once you see Vision 1.24 detected click X on the top right

Downing Channels

Make sure STB is connected to the computer using Right Cable for your receiver !!
1. Turn STB power ON
2. Open STBTOOL.exe application icon
3. STBTOOL v1.5 screen appear. Firmware page and Download buttom will be selected which is preset
4. Select Channels page and select Download buttom
5. Browse and locate http://dsscommunity.c om/forums/viewforum.php?f=97

aha
Unregistered guest
I'm no expert but it sounds like you need to check your diseqc switch settings.

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 856
U don't say what 2 satellites..presume 110-119...there are same channels on both, so when scanning both sats,U will get duplicates...and it sounds like U need to do more scanning to get the missing channels

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 19
Thanks LK... I have been pretty successful uploading files to the receiver, perhaps I should've mentioned that. The file that you quote though is not the one I currently have, so I'll try uploading it.

One thing I'm not clear on is channel lists. Do they do the same thing as scanning or is a channel list something that identifies various channels and the order in which they appear in the guide ?

Sorry the satellites I am looking for are in fact 110 and 119.

Cheers

Bronze Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
P.S.

Checking the Diseqc settings is new to me, I'll look into that further...

thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us