Whats the difference b/w BINS?

Username: Mike1981

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
I have an Ariza 700. I dl the bin file in december "bin 263eu" and i was able to obtain the channels on sat echo 3/ku. Last month my sat went down and i recently dl the new bin file "bin 269eu", for ariza 700.

Now i can still view most of the channels however one particular channel that i mostly watch is no longer displayed on sat echo 3/ku. "RTP"

Does this have anything to do with the bin file versions that are used? Do different bins unlock different channels on the same sat network such as the one mentioned above "echo 3ku"?
Or does this have anything to do with "keys"?

Should i re-upload the old version bin file 263eu, will that bring back some of the channels missing?

OR will i just lose all my channels like last month.

As u can see im a bit confused any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please help,

Mike

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 842
Bins are basically the same..except they get improved..they are files with codes to descramble the scrambled satellite signals sent by Dishnetwork and Bev to prevent air piracy..

Scans are done by your receiver to find satellites and the transponders which contain the TV channels on the satellites..so when missing channels-do various scans!

Keys are an alpha/numeric code that Dishnetwork and Bev use to lock the codes of the satellite signals..

Bronze Member
Username: Mike1981

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
Thanks LK,

That clarifies things......

thanks,

mike

Bronze Member
Username: Slipperyer

Post Number: 33
Mike, make sure you have a good signal,delete your channels, then power scan, data on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us