Two problems with FTA's

Anonymous

I have two problems. The first problem is that when someone is watching TV with an FTA in the living room (using a Fortec Ultra) and someone is watching TV in another room (using Pansat 2700A) and channels are changed at either end a message comes up saying "no signal" and sometimes the signal comes back, sometimes not which requires a shutoff of the FTA and turn back on to get the channel working. Is this a faulty LNB or something else?

The second problem is that on my Pansat 2700A I have both beverly and charlie. When I go from a beverly channel to a charlie channel the charlie channel says "no signal" and I have to turn off and on the receiver to get the charlie channel. If I am on the charlie channel and it's working I can go to the beverly channel and it will work no probs, just not the other way. I don't have this problem at all with the Fortec Ultra that has pansat 2500 installed on it. Is this due to the way I downloaded the channels on the Pansat 2700A, is it the LNB, the diseq or diseq setup?

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 795
First problem...sounds like the switch or config settings in antenna setup...presuming U are using a disque switch...try moving switches closer to the receiver and replacing them..switches could be too far from receivers

BTW..presuming U are using 2 disque switches for 2 receivers and at least 2 LNB's...no other way

2nd prob..again a switch issue or config in antenna settings..if using 144 bin,this should NOT be happenning, but U can try the 143 bin...sometime a bin will cause this..

Anonymous

Actually both switches are in my basement (central location) and one FTA is on the main floor and another FTA is one more flight of stairs in a bedroom. The distance of each switch is 30 feet and 80 feet away from the receivers respectively. Would an amplifier help this or any other means if the switches are so far away from the receiver? I'd hate to try to run each of the dish wires near to the receiver so that the diseq will be closer to the receiver as that will cause a mess of wires everywhere. I'll check my antenna configuration too.

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
You should see the wad of wire right behind my TV from 4 sat dishes an aerial antenna w/booster and CCTV monitor.All to keep the switch 5 feet from the receiver.And everything pluged into a UPS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
Switches are NOT too far...no need to move them or no need for an amp...try changing new switches and config settings in receiver..

BTW...are U using dish pro LNB's ?...or a legacy TWIN?...and is this a new set up, so U always had this problem?

=l ; )
Unregistered guest
I'v located a switch 100 feet away with no problems.And then ran into those cheap switches that wont work 10 feet away.

Anonymous

What config settings should I change in the menu option?

Actually this problem has only been occuring at my new house. At the old house there was a direct connect from satellite wire to diseq which was 20 cm from the receiver. Now it's satellite wire to cable plate connection and then cable wire from plate to FTA receiver. No other way to do it unless I make a wire mess in the house with satellite wires running everywhere!!
The DN channels not working when switching to BEV channels only happens with my 2700A and not with the fortec. Would that be caused by the order in which I did the blind scan or how I have the diseq #'s set up with the different dishes?
I'm not sure if the LNB is dish pro or if it's a legacy twin. I asked a guy at this one satellite store what the problem was and he said maybe the LNB is not working properly. Only problem with that theory is that it happens for all 4 ie. 61.5, 91, 110, 119, regardless of which channel you turn to. If it were a faulty LNB would that not affect only a specific bird?
I actually did change switches from an ARIZA to a QSAT diseq switch thinking that was what was causing the problem but that didn't solve it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
U now say sat wire goes from LNB to "cable plate connection" (what is that?) to receiver...no mention of disque switches there!..U must write clearly and consistent...I have no clue what U have done..also its necesaary to know about LNB's ..dish pro (says it right on LNB) or legacy?...single, dual, twin or quads?...U must be VERY accurate on this!...if NOT, I cannot help U..no guessing..U better know diff between dual and twin and quad and single..

The antenna LNB's config and disque settings should be same as in the fortec...go look and check both!...compare!

Now U have 4 LNB's? (61.5-91-110-119)...thats a different story too..LNB types now are extremely important..as is ONLY 2 disque switches..and your antenna receiver configure settings too..

So U have a new house with new LNB's, dishs, cables, connections, switches and this has never worked properly..

The bev LNB could be going bad but U tend to want to blame your pansat..have U tried another bin in the pansat?....maybe its a bin problem..

Username: Kingderek1122

Usa, Usa Usa

Post Number: 1
ya i know this may sound very stupid but i've been reading on this website for about 3 hours now and all i want to know is what do i need to buy to get free direct tv b.c there are alot of cards on ebay but i dont want to buy one if it isnt going to work pls help me!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 819
derrk..U just try to steal this thread...thats called "hijacking"...this is about 2 FTA receivers...NOT directV..

U want DirecTV...U MUST subscribe...obviously U missed that somewhere..its well documented and known since April 2004!...no hack for DirectV!

Usa, Usa Usa

Post Number: 2
ok im sorry for bothering you guys about something that doesnt even exist thank you though... so is there any way to receive free programming from any other satellite companies??

Username: Yanniss

Post Number: 2
to Anonymous or anyone interested. i have the same problem exactelly identical . here is the solution change the lnb on bev you will get back your channels it's not the switch it's the lnb from bev dont change nothing but the bev .im telling you and come back and tell us the rersult please .

Silver Member

Post Number: 820
U could very well be right...I did say that the Bev LNB could be going bad..but I think it wise to eliminate the switches or bin (the simple things), thats why I suggested that and want to know more info about the LNB's and this hardware entire setup....and the receiver config..he has alot of mixed statements that conflict...

Usa, Usa Usa

Post Number: 3
you know what f**k all of you f**king losers "hey lets stay on the discussion forum all night and talk about stupid s**t while kingderek is out getting laid" have fun f**ks

Username: Yanniss

Post Number: 3
DEREK I CAN SEE YOU DONT GET LAID THIS DAYS. WATCH VENUS YOU WILL CALM DOWN .

LK YOU MADE A POINT ALL THE ABOVE U MENTIONED SHOULD BE CORRECT AND SHOULD BECHECKED IT COULD BE FROM LNB CABLE SWITH OR EVEN BIN . JUST BY EXPERIENCE HAPPEN TO BE LNB KEP UP GUYS

Anonymous

Here's my setup:
61.5 dish dual LNB
91 dual LNB
110 and 119 on one dish each with a dual LNB
All these wires go to the baseement.
Diseq A Fortec as 2500A: 61.5, 91, 110, 119
Diseq B Pansat 2700: 61.5, 91, 110, 119

Each diseq connects to the coax cable. Each coax cable run to the wall plate (i called them a cable plate connection before). Then from the wall plate I have another coax cable that runs from the wall plate to the FTA receiver.

I haven't checked on whether the dish I have has a legacy or a dish 500. It's a little hard to get to right now with the area being a little muddy right now.. I can tell you that the dish doesn't look like the dish 500 but more of an elliptical dish (like the starchoice ones).

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us