Converting Ultra to Pansat with chansysand

bombats
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a ultra march 2005 and flashed it with chansysand and enter nag1 and nag2 keys,it is great only problem is I am still missing the same channels i was missing when it was an ultra but the receiver works so much better.My question is have i done everything right or do i have the wrong file. I see much talk about 271 but i believe that is the mod files....help please

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 626
U cannot use any file but the 101T (U have installed now) or the 256T bin..they're about the same..no advantages of either..If missing some channels with any bin, U must 2 things..

1.. reboot the receiver (back of receiver, power off , wait 2 minutes, power on, turn to channel 300)...see if that brings them back...in fact always do this FIRST whenevr U have ANY receiver problems!!!

2...U need to ocassionally scan the satellites and transponders...Dishnet moves channels around..so u need to do scans on ocassion to grab them lost moved channels...www.lyngsat.com lists all the channels on all the satellites and what transponders they are on..

bombats
Unregistered guest
doing the reboot as i type here right now but have rescaned tp and power scanned but no help. How come it gives me a message time to change keys on the few channels i do not catch...by the way finished the reboot and did not work....THANK YOU FOR THE INFO AND HELP LK VERY NICE OF YOU TO HAVE RESPONDED....if i have missed something let me know

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
After U load the bin 101T or can still do it now...U must "set the default key" ..read the thread about it I have posted here, if U do not know how..its really simple- 5 seconds...U are missing some channels cause I am sure U need to do TP scans and new sat scans with disque switch disconnected..

bombats
Unregistered guest
do you mean i need to do a tp scan with only one sat at the time connected to my disque switch

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
I mean exactly what I said...disconnect the disque switch...run cable directly from each LNB to receiver , one at a time...and then do satellte scans and then TP scans of each TP that U have missing channels from on each satellite...then connect the disque switch back up..

www.lyngsat.cOM shows U what channels are on which TPs and satellites...so look for your missing channels and , the lyngsat chart will tell what TP's to scan on which satellite..

bombats
Unregistered guest
i have done exactly everything you have suggested as i did the 119 first when it was completed i entered the keys in nag 1 which are
9E 5B 7A 77 CO FE 91 CA 4D 2A DC 33 D4 CD E3 75
and nag 2 are
FB D9 F2 D9 D6 C9 EF 7A 57 AD 32 24 67 42 6C E6
still had no sucess so i inverted them and it worked but as soon as i scanned 110 then i only had a few channels working....wow this is amazing...oh and by the way LK when i press SET DEFAULT KEY i get the old keys that were in the 101t not the ones i mentionned above or is there a way to save a default key ....thats it i am dizzy if you can figure this out i would appreciate it

Silver Member

Post Number: 638
those are NOT nagra1 keys!...U do NOT eneter any nagra1 keys..Both are Nagra2 keys..FB D9 line is the ACTIVE key 01..the 9E 5B line is the inactive key 00...these keys are /were the default keys in 101t bin, unless u changed them..and yes U save the default key...do U know what the hell u are doing?...and U do scans after the keys are input!

And if U didn't get all the 110 channels when U disconnected the disque switch and THEN did the sat scan, then U have bad cable, connections or LNB on roof dish!..or most likely a very poorly aimed 110 LNB on dish..

Receiver Configuration set up

With the Receiver unplug

1. Connecting all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, and connect RG-6 Cable to the receiver, then
Plug in power cord on the receiver.

2. You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

3. "CAS SYSTEM" set up, just following the 3A, 3B and 3C steps

3A). Press menu, scroll down to select Parental Control then press OK.
3B). Scroll down to PIN #2, then enter you 4 digits password.0000
If you enter correct PW, it will take you into the CAS SYSTEM menu windown.
3C). In the CAS SYSTEM menu, scroll down to SET DEFAULT KEY, then press OK. Then exit to main menu page

By "set default key" , U are activating the keys which have been previously coded in your autoroll bin by the coders..

bombats
Unregistered guest
obviously not completely i am trying to learn...at least i am trying and possibly others have led me wrong. This is what i have been told when i get in the cas system go to nagra 1/2 in there hit the right arrow 3 times till you see dish network nagravision or nagra 1 then you go to 00 and enter the 9E 5B 7A 77 CO FE 91 CA line then you save after that is done hit right arrow again to 01 and enter the 4D 2A DC 33 D4 CD E3 75 after saving this again i hit the right arrow again where appears NAGRAVISION OR NAGRA 2 and enter the 00:FB D9 F2 D9 D6 C9 EF 7A save and 01:57 AD 32 24 67 42 6C E6 so if this is wrong LK i do not know what i am doing because this is what i was told to do...

bombats
Unregistered guest
everything is working fine LK put the fb string in nagra2 all channels are up and running exept the nick disney hbo and a few others but i see you have given up and also see that you get upset but what i do not understand is why help people that do not have your expertise and then get offensive with them....i understand why some enjoyed bashing you on here but i will thank you for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
U have it correct,except U don't need to put anything in Nagra1...skip that...go right to nagra2,which U did input correctly..

as far as missing a few channels, U will have to go to www.lyngsat.com and see what sats and TP's those channels are on, then just do a TP scan of the missing channels..sorry If I am gruff but I have little patience for laziness or people asking the same questions 1000x a day..I try to shame them into researching for answers themselves because U are your own best teacher!...I like it when somebody gets pissed and says" screw him, I'll figure it out myself"!...sometimes U have to embarass people into doing for themselves..and again Laziness and NOT reading is a peeve of mine..U did well!...congrats!...hopefully U learned something today..

all my life I trained and taught military soldiers, and many were street tough kids and time was very short..U first had to somehow (embarass, shame etc) them into teaching and learning for themselves, then the rest came quicker and easier for all..everyone thinks something new is always difficult,but it isn't....and U have to kick some azz to motivate it sometimes to get over that "poor me, I'm new, this is too difficult" stage!

Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 6
The channel that are missing are ones that the keys have rolled when key roll is totaly done all channels will work again my fortec is missing the same channels.one nice thing about autoroll all channels seem to work mabee fortec will have safe autoroll soon but not likely

bombats
Unregistered guest
Well LK thank you for all the help at least i got to learn where the keys go and much more but if i understand what GRIM has written i need autoroll since we are betweennew and old keys so i guess my next task at had is to try the mod on the ultra....thank you also GRIM for the response

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
Some, NOT all, people with autoroll bins are missing those channels too..If U put BOTH IDEA keys in, and do some scans U should have all the channels again..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us