Replacemant bulb for a "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175"?

Bronze Member
Username: Agentxfile

Post Number: 30
Since I will buy a "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175" in next couple weeks I would like to know what is the replacemant bulb model number for a "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175", and also if anyone knows a place to get one at a low price? I have tried looking on the net but I just can't find it.
I want to buy a replacement bulb now to have one available when it goes out so I won't be stuck without the ability to watch my tv that is when that time happens.

Thanks,

Joe

Anonymous

Joe,

Have you been reading this thread?

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/104959.html

I've seen some nasty posts about the W175.
Some RCA lamps can cost over $400.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Anonymous,

Well, compared to posts that I have read on the "Samsung 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HLR5067W" it sounds like it is alot worse then the "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175".
I have searched DLP tvs for about a year now and I had also downloaded many manuals from the net so I have done alot of research. I decided on the RCA, because I have always had RCA tvs without any problems and I haven't heard to many bad things about this "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175".
I also have seen this RCA tv at a Best Buy store and compared it side-by-side to the "Samsung 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HLR5067W" and after going through the menus and adjusting settings with both tvs the RCA seems to have a much better quality of picture and clearer sound.

Joe

Anonymous

Yea...I read your similar post in another thread. Why limit yourself to DLP? I think the Sony KDS-R50XBR1 is the hottest set on the market. You should take another hard look before you go down that RCA road. It's rather telling to not easily find a lamp source online. I don't see anything special about the Scenium, either. What is it, the lessor of to evils? I see Jose will sell you a spare lamp for $409. Ouch!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I am sure that "Sony KDS-R50XBR1" is really a nice tv and I wish I had $3500.00 for it, but I don't.
I have looked at many tvs and I can only afford $2500.00(really only $2000.00) or less, and the only two in that price range that I would consider buying after looking at them would be either the Samsung 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HLR5067W" or the "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175".

Joe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Come on now, does anyone know where I can get a replacement bulb for the "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175"?

Joe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Well, I found the lamp part number for the "RCA Scenium 50" Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175", and the part number is 269343.
I have found three(3) sites with three(3) different prices so far, those sites with prices without shipping are:

- price is $245.00 at:
http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=8678475&s=froogle
- price is $237.00 at:
http://www.ercservice.com/lamps/RCA-Lamps/269343.html
- price is $199.00 at:
http://www.alltvlamps.com/rcalamps.html

Does anyone know of any other sites, that may be lower in price? So far the best price is alltvlamps.com at $199.00 that I can find.
That seems like a good price compared to what I have read and seen on other prices of lamps for other brands of DLP tvs.

Joe

camcoy
Unregistered guest
Joe:

If you are a member of Costco you may want to check out the coupon special they will be running starting Feb. 20th. The are selling a RCA Scenium 50" DLP (model HD50LPW166pk) for $1500, including the stand!

You can see details regarding this set at:
http://tv.rca.com/NR/rdonlyres/61EE4765-8677-4ADC-8DA4-96C0D953C164/0/HD50LP.pdf

I don't see how you can go wrong with this unit as the price is unbeatable and if something goes wrong with the set Costco will take it back under their own standard return policy.

this is what I am going to do, so you might want to check it out, particularly if you are already comfortable getting an RCA.

Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38

Camcoy,

I can't find bulbs online for this model(HD50LPW166pk or HD50LPW166), and without finding a place for replacement bulbs that could be a problem in the future.
I can only buy at Best Buy with their store credit card, because I can not afford to buy with cash anywhere else. Also I have bought many things at Best Buy with their store credit card and with deals like no interest for 36 months(3 years) that makes it easy to pay off items for me. For instance my last tv which was an RCA 36" standard tube tv that I bought from Best Buy with their store credit card with 36 months(3 years) no interest and that was easy to pay off before the 36 months(3 years) for me.
I am not a member of Costco. I also can not find this RCA HD50LPW166pk on their website.

Thanks for the offer.

Joe

dan234234234
Unregistered guest
RCA HD50LP onsale at Walmart 1686! Pricematch @ Best Buy if they won't mstch Costco!

Username: Dnepr

Post Number: 1
I just bought an RCA 166pk from Costco this past Thursday. When I first went in the store, I honestly thought I'd never consider a 'Walmart' type TV. But, I wanted something cheap until I could get one of the Sony SXRD's later this summer. A Costco person reminded me that the RCA's were $300 off (means that price was $1499 with a stand), so I looked at it, did some picture adjustments to it and the Akai (Samsung 5067) sitting right next to it. The RCA actually looked better! So, even thought I went in thinking I'd probably buy the Sony E50A10 (for $2400), I walked out with the RCA for $900 less. Right now I'm watching HD over the air with a Terk TV5 antenna and I don't see how a picture could look much better. I'm a little disappointed with how my Philips 642 progressive looks however. Not bad, I was just expecting a little better. Regular SD channels over the air are not as good as on a Plasma, but I doubt I'll be watching much SD. I've got an OPPO 971 DVD player ordered from Amazon, and will see how it looks next week. All in all, I'm very happy with my $1500 purchase and my wife is even happier because she was scared to death of me spending $3000 or more for the Sony SXRD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us