JVC HD-61Z786 Question

Username: Wheelsinwheels

Frederick, MD United States

Post Number: 1
Hi, this is my first post here. We purchased the JVC HD-61786 last April. Out of the box there was a smudge or shadow in the center of the screen just below the center line. It is about the size of a baseball and is only noticeable when there is a light colored area behind it, including faces. I contacted two service centers and they wanted to take the TV or remove the light engine and take it back to the shop and I declined because they admitted they had little knowledge of this model and no parts on hand. I ordered a service call today from another place because the warranty has only a few months left. The tech on the phone said he knew it was just a smudge on the inside of the front screen and it would be a quick fix. Any comments or advice would be much appreciated. Also, a few times in the last several months the color has looked somewhat strange, but only for a short while. I don't know what to think of this. It appeared the white balance or the tint had shifted, then it went back to normal after a few minutes.

If someone can email me a copy of the service manual for this unit I would greatly appreciate it. My addy is jimtrusk at hotmail dot com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us