RCA HD50LPW175 Problem - Need Help/Advice

Bronze Member
Username: Percysj

Dallas, TX US

Post Number: 15
I still have the faint white line stretching horizontally across my screen and it's still VERY noticeable on bright areas of the screen. This model is backordered at my local BestBuy stores and they don't expect more in until AFTER my 30day return/exhange period. I REALLY don't want to get this TV serviced using the PSP when I should be able to exchange it with no problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, another problem I've noticed is when I turn off/on the TV with the HDMI input being the last selected, I get a VEEEERY loud clicking/buzzing noise and no picture. The front LED panel blinks continuously and finally stops. I can change the channel when this happens, but I get sound and still no picture. I have to switch the channel from HDMI, turn off the set, and then restart it before it goes back to normal. What is causing this?

One last question. I have a 360 and I'm trying to figure out which resolution setting will be the best. It outputs either 720p or 1080i. I know this TV's native resolution is 720p, but will outputting the 360 at 1080i offer a better picture since it will be downconverting 1080i's additional pixels to a 720p resolution? I've tried on a few games but haven't really noticed a huge difference. Any suggestions? What are some of the things I should look for to notice a better picture?

Username: Briank

Post Number: 1
I can only answer the xbox360 question. You're better off setting the xbox to 720p mode because most likely it will render the graphics at that resolution. Even if it doesn't render at that resolution, chances are it has more computing horse power than the TV and will do a better job scaling the image to 720p. There's no sense having the TV scale an image if it doesn't have to.

Bronze Member
Username: Percysj

Dallas, TX US

Post Number: 16
Thanks, Brian! I've had it set on 720p, so I guess I'll leave it there.

As for the other TV problems, I found one in stock at my local Best Buy and will (hopefully) be able to exchange it out in the morning. I just hope that the new set doesn't suffer from the same white line and HDMI errors!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us