Sony 60" SXRD- PCandPlasma store

Username: Jesseg

El paso, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
I am shopping around for a Sony 60" SXRD. I found the cheapest price at an online store by the name of PCandPlasma.com. They sell this RPTV for 3299.99, factory sealed, NEW. Sounds to good to be true. Well has anyone heard of this store or made purchases from them. Opinions would be very useful before I make a $3000 transaction over the internet.

Username: James_in_va

Suffolk, VA

Post Number: 4
Last week that same model was showing at $2999 plus $295 shipping plus $95 insurance (mandatory) at their site. Their on-line ratings are horrendous. I also called a few times and they gave me the heebie jeebies. I would stay away. Plus, that price is for a gray market set thus you may have problems with the Sony warranty if you had a problem. If you do decide to order from them, let us know how it turns out.

James

Username: Jesseg

El paso, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
James thanks for our info. I havent decide yet where I am going to buy it. Has anyone found this Sony 60" SXRD for under 3500 and if so do you purchase it online. I am still weary of buy something like this online.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 196
BestBuy has it on sell in stores for 4,239.99.

Username: James_in_va

Suffolk, VA

Post Number: 5
Jesse,

I have not ordered from them yet but TapeworksTexas.com quoted me with a price of $3650 which included VA state tax and freight. They also assured me that they do not deal in gray market goods and that they're an official Sony dealer.

If I was to order this set, I'd probably go with them. That said, after checking their site, I may be switching from the Sony SXRD to a JVC professional line set. They have a 61" (HD-P70R1U) for the same price as the 60" Sony and a 70" which goes for $1K more. I have been reading about the SXRD for 2 months now but for some reason the JVCs seem better. Look for yourself and let us know what you think.

Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 201
The price tag looks better on the JVC.You can ask people that even have the JVC and they will say the Sony has a better picture.They went with the JVC cause of a awsome picture but the price tag is better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us