Samsung Green Faces

Username: Cyjelly

Post Number: 1
Has anybody else experienced really green faces in dark sceens on their Samsung DLP (specifically the HLP 5085 Pedastel model)? It looks as if there is a green shadow on the faces and other objects.

This may be a little silly, but a great example is when the characters in LOST are down in the computer room in the hatch.

I have changed cables and recalibrated colour with no success.

Also, I can't seem to get anywhere with Samsung Service (surprise, surprise).

PLEASE HELP!!!

Username: Azrider

Post Number: 4
This is a pretty normal problem with gray scale tracking. I'm able to clean it up a little with controls on my DVD player, but broadcast TV is the worst. You'd need a calibration expert to come out and adjust the gray scale to fix it --probably cost about $500.

Gold Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 1004
AN ISF certified tech would only charge around $200. You can find a local tech here:
www.imagingscience.com

It might seem like a lot of money, but it is worth it. A good tech can bring out the best in your set. You will be amazed by the difference.

If you don't want to spend that much, try using DVE or AVIA to adjust your set. The disc run $20-$30 and are very easy to use.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 166
Or just watch a movie you know well and play with the settings till you get it looking right. Mine had a bad case of "Clayface" out of the box but a few tweaks got it looking amazing in no time. I found backing off the contrast and brightness helped immensely.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us