Samsung DLP powering off all the time

Username: Azrider

Post Number: 1
This has been getting worse and worse. The HLP unit just shuts off and I have to press the power button to get it back on. Checked the lamp life, and it's ok. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 540
Possible heat sensor shutoff. Two fans to check. One on the lamp and one on the DMD module. Might just be dust accumulation.

Possible DMD module failure.

Post Number: 2
Thanks,

I'll check the fans. What is the "DMD" module?

Post Number: 3
Just to provide closure. I took off the 20 or so screws to remove the rear panel. Only saw one fan, and when I taped the interlock switch and turned on the TV, the fan was rotating just fine. Also no dust or dead bugs inside --all pretty clean after a year and a half of use.

I didn't really do anything, made sure that connectors were well seated, wires weren't damaged, and there were no obstructions to air.

Put it back together, and it hasnt' shut off for over a week. Guess a connector somewhere was the problem. No idea which one, but the big D type connector that goes up to the lamp is my main suspect.

Anonymous Jay
Unregistered guest
Try a UPS - with Automatic Voltage Regulation. After having a similar problem and searching all over, I came across this thread - and posted my results there as well.
[avsforum.com]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us