Need help on HDTV selection please!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I am looking to buy an HDTV and I would like some input from those that know more than me. I am looking for a 42-50 inch set. I would like to stay with and lcd or rear projection tv. I will be hooking up a satellite high def. receiver, a dvd player and an xbox 360 to it. My audio will not go through the tv instead it will go through my surround sound system. Any ideas on what sets are the best, Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 974
What price range are you looking at?

If you can spend 4k, I don't think you can beat the 50" Sony KDS-R50XBR1 SXRD (LCoS) set.

If your looking to spend closer to 2k I'd recommend following:
52" Panasonic PT52LCX65 LCD,
52" JVC HD52G786 LCoS,
or the Hitachi 50vs810 LCD.

I've had a JVC for well over a year and I love it, but the other sets I listed are also very nice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help. I have looked at the sony r50xbr1 and it is a very nice tv but a little more than I wanted to pay. I will look at the others you suggested. Thanks again.

rlwainwright
Unregistered guest
Give the Hitachi 51F710 (51") RPTV a look - I got one from Sears for $1399 delivered incl. 5% sales tax. It is a very nice set, built-in HD tuner, HDMI, component, and composite inputs. For the price, probably the best set on the market...

-RW-
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us