Samsung DLP 6168 - 1080P DEAD ON ARRIVAL

Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 10
I just purchased a brand new 1080P Samsung HL-R6168 DLP tv and was initially amazed at how nice the picture looked. However, after about 1 hour is started to shut itself off. I turned it again, and the same thing happened after 20 minutes. After that it goes on for about 5 minutes and then off again. According to the manual and the flashing lights on the on button it says that it is either overheating or there is a problem with the lamp. Called the dealer I bought it from and they are delivering another one on tuesday.
I am now really concerned if this is problem with Samsung DLP's or if its just this one off.
Has anyone had similar experience with Samsung products and in particulr with this model?
The TV is part of a custom built home theater cabinet. There is about 3 inches of space all around the TV does it need more space than that?

Bronze Member
Username: Karl9s

Post Number: 16
Dan, it could indeed be an overheating issue. The specs on my Sony 50in SXRD call for 4 inches of ventilation for the rear and the sides ... and then another 12 inches of clearance for the top so the heat can dissipate upward. Perhaps if you installed some forced ventilation behind your set then you may get some relief. I suppose you'll find out on Tuesday when your new set arrives ... best of luck to you. KARL

Bronze Member
Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 13
I read the Samsung manual and it said 3 to 4 inches minimum. Hopefully its just one off.
If I need to get ventilation behind I already have a hole going to outside with my amp so I could always connect it somehow. Can anyone suggest a good quiet fan that I could use to draw the air. Also is bringing cold air in the idea or sending it out?
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us