Need HELP hooking up new JVC HD-ILA and HD cable box

Unregistered guest
Just got the HD-52G7876. If I plug the cable directly into the TV, it works. If I try to go thru the HD cable box, can't make it work. Tried every button on the remote to no avail. How do I get my TV to "see" the incomong signal from the HD cable box.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 959
Hook up the component (red/blue/green) cables from the cable box to input 1 on your JVC. Turn on the TV and the cable box and select (input 1) on the TV using the TV remote. You should get a picture. If not, call the cable company and have them remotely reset the cable box.

Also when hooking up an HD cable box for the first time it may take up to one hour for the cable box to download info before it will work. It took about 20 minutes when I first got my HD box. The cable company should have explained that too you.

Good luck!

atomkiw
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your response. I tried that, and then input 2 and also had the cable co. reset the box twice. Its been 2 days. I even tried a different cable. Any other ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Karl9s

Post Number: 15
atomkiw ... this may be a stretch, but if you are connecting via an HDMI connection, your HDTV Cable Box may have a setting that "turns-on" or enables its HDMI ouutput. Since its not clear, what type of cable you are using from the cable box to the TV I am hoping that my suggetion may do the trick for you. Good Luck to you ... KARL

atomkiw
Unregistered guest
I am using a component cable. Once the stores open Tuesday, I intend to buy a cable for a HDMI connection. Called JVC and after 2 techs and an hour on the phone, they suggested a service call. Made sure all the cable box settings are correct too. Ready to shoot this thing.

Appreciate all your advice. Will let you know if shotgun works.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
atomkiw,

Don't blame the TV just yet. It very well could be (probably is since you get a picture thru the regular cable) the cable box.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 963
Try hooking the cable box up to input 3 or 4 using regular composite (RCA) cables. If you don't get a picture this way either, than it is almost defintely your cable box.

Have you tried hooking up a DVD player with component cables? If the DVD player does work either than it is probably your TV. Let us know what you find out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us