Sony SXRD -- Available Screen Sizes

Username: Amateur_mike

Post Number: 7
Wife and I are torn between the 50" and 60". A 55" or 56" would be perfect (ala Samsung and others). Any rumors or reports of Sony filling that gap anytime soon? Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 170
Sony will prolly not make it in the 55inch.Wouldnt really be a need for Sony to make the SXRD in a 55.

Bronze Member
Username: Karl9s

Post Number: 17
Perhaps the logical next step for Sony would be the 70in market ... as the RP market goes more mainstream and prices begin to drop further, it would seem to be a good business move on their part.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 148
True, Especially since the 1080p models lend themselves to the larger size screens.

Post Number: 9
Thanks guys. I am leaning toward the 60" rather than the 50", but would welcome any advice. Assume (i) viewers are 9' away, (ii) cost is not a concern, and (iii) the TV will be used only to watch DVDs and HD sports. Many many thanks.

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 175
Karls 9s they are alreay a step ahead of you.They make the SXRD in a 70inch model and its also 1080p like the others. Its caslled the Qualia006.Sony 70 XBR SXRD.You can also buy a SXRD front projecotr from Sony and the screen sizes are endless.

Bronze Member
Username: Karl9s

Post Number: 18
Don't you just love trying to predict what the next screen size will be for the SXRD? I thought 70in would be the next step ... check this out, appears that Sony has thrown me a curve ... http://www.cnet.com/4831-11405_1-6413188.html?tag=all . Very nice indeed! KARL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks, Karl. Very interesting indeed.

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 181
Yeh thats giong to be a nice TV if it goes through.I seen that one about 45 min after my post at work. :-)

datman
Unregistered guest
Drummer,

The 70" Qualia is actually an inferior television to the 50" and 60" inch SXRD. It has lower contrast, less dense pixel structure (think screen door effect), and costs a hell of a lot more (used to be $13K but may have come down since then).

Mike, If price isn't the issue go with the 60". A rule of thumb is a viewing distince that is double that of the diagonal. So for a 50" that would be 8.3 feet and for a 60" it's 10 feet. The 60" just looks more grand-- for about an extra grand. :-)

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 182
Its the same setup i dont think its as good.Screen door effect is easy same size pixels on a TV thats 10 inches bigger.Also you need a huge room to sit away from here.Thats why i have the 60 inch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks datman et al. I very much appreciate your guidance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us